Thursday, June 27, 2013

Fisher-Price Elmo Live

Fisher-Price Elmo LiveElmo Live will capture your child's imagination with his trademark infectious happiness. He waves his arms, dances, sits on his stool, tells jokes and stories, shows your child how much he loves him/her, laughs, sneezes -everything you would expect an animated Elmo to do. Other than some mechanical grinding as he moves, Elmo is all cute. This little guy is a blast!

-Debbie Lee Wesselmann

After one week here is my review

Pros:

1. Well designed toy, but leaves more to be desired.

2. He sings, tells jokes, dances, has animated & fluid, aka lifelike, mannerisms.

3. Recognizes when he has fallen over and politely asks for help. The sneeze sequence is hilarious.

4. He does a lot of things that really personify the toy, i.e. thanks you if you help him up, goes bonkers if you squeeze his nose, laughs, yawns, asks you to dance with him, etc. To a 2-4 year-old, Elmo does indeed comes alive.

Cons:

1. The servo noise can be distracting, most of the time.

2. The red terry cloth / skin is way too thin and fragile.

3. It would be nice if Elmo is cushier and has another programing sequence when lying down so that children can go take him to bed with them.

4. It would be nice if Elmo is expandable, in the sense that you can add more programs via Bluetooth / USB / cartridge expansion. Otherwise, Elmo will become boring real fast.

Elmo Live is an innovative and engaging toy for children between 2-4 years of age. He is worth the MSRP, compared to other toys, but NOT MORE. If it wasn't for the economy, Elmo Live would likely be all over the news and the hottest toy of the holiday season.

Buy Fisher-Price Elmo Live Now

I was lucky to grab the last Elmo today locally and my three kids, a 2 year old, 5 year old, and a 7 year old, have been playing with Elmo ever since. They absolutely love it. The neighbors and other family members have been over to see Elmo go. He does sooooo many things, tells stories does dances, plays games, and other quirky fun things. It is so life-like it keeps the kids and adults amazed. My sister has struck out at many stores today and has been told it will be very hard to find this christmas. So if you find one, grab it, as these are definitely THE hit toy this year.

Read Best Reviews of Fisher-Price Elmo Live Here

I bought this toy for my son's second birthday (December 6, 2008). I was so excited to give it to him because he LOVES Elmo. I let him play with it in stores and figured he would love it cause he was always touching Elmo's foot in the demo in the store.

Well on his birthday we gave it to him and I'm not that happy with it.

First the mechanical sound of Elmo moving are EXTREMELY Loud so much so that it's annoying (at least to me).

Second my son is only two and if your child is like mine, he's really into music and he really had no interest in Elmo's stories (which are too long). I tried to show him the other pressure points on his stomach, back, and nose but Elmo tips over when my son's toddler hands reach out to touch his stomach so for my son it was easier to just keep touching his foot and the stories Elmo tells get old very quickly.

Third...did I mention I have a two year old boy? Well he loved carrying Elmo by the head and by the arms and this is a sixty dollar toy (I got it at Walmart actually) so I didn't want him doing that and had to take it from him.

I hate to give it such low reviews, however I think the age should be changed to three and up. I don't think my son or any kid can really appreciate it until they're at least that old otherwise I don't think it does enough to hold a toddler's attention.

Boys and girls are different though so maybe if you have a 2 year old girl she'll be more gentle and care about it more but I just don't recommend it otherwise. Plus my son just kept pushing the button on the foot over and over, trying to get it to do more and after awhile I starting hearing Elmo stutter like the mechanics were messing up and we just got it and it hadn't been dropped or anything yet.

The chair is pretty useless. Actually Elmo's butt doesn't even touch it so it's not really needed and he always tips over.

So to sum it up, wait until your children are older if you decide to buy it, even then I wouldn't recommend it, or if you don't believe me then keep your receipt just in case. I know ours is on it's way back and at this price maybe he can get two toys he really enjoy instead of just one.

Also pay attention to these reviews. I'm noticing that a lot of people who are giving it five stars either bought it for someone else's child for a gift (grandchildren, nieces, nephews etc.) or bought it and put it up for their child for Christmas and they're giving it high ratings based off of that. Trust me I'd have given it high ratings based off of the few times my son played with it in the store myself if I didn't know better. However most people like me who gave it to their child early or for Birthdays have the SAME complaints. It's not worth the money at all. And the mechanical sounds are too loud and again for my 2 year old it's plain boring so again just keep your receipt if you do purchase it.

My child loves anything Elmos surprisingly, and this seems to be the "cadillac" of Elmo's and he didn't like it at all.

I hope this review helps. Good luck with whatever you decide and Merry Christmas.

Want Fisher-Price Elmo Live Discount?

My niece is younger than the suggested age, but she still finds him interesting. She'll sit and watch him while he talks and laughs at some of his antics.

Cons

1. He can be a little repetitive. After 1 week my sister learned his entire repertoire, and is now slowly being driven insane.

2. He takes 6 batteries...yes, he comes with them, but replacing that many at once will be a pain.

3. Every movement is accompanied by loud gear grinding. He sounds like he's falling apart and he's brand new.

4. There is no cushion between the mechanical body and furry covering; he looks soft, but isn't.

5. By the time a kid is old enough to understand his jokes and stories, they'll be too old for him.

Is this an essential purchase? No. But it is a great gift suggestion for an aunt/uncle/grandma/grandpa who wants to get something "special" and doesn't know what....it also helps if they have money to waste. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment