Friday, June 21, 2013

Step2 Whisper Ride II, Blue

Step2 Whisper Ride II, BlueI bought this and all the other neighborhood kids have the older versions! The parents are jealous.. LOL . It is easy to maneuver, smooth ride for my son and good looking. I put it together in about 30 min by myself.. The instructions have no words (just a word of caution).. and that is very hard at times to figure out.. I guess with allthe random languages in the US, pictures are best.. anywaysBUY IT!!! awesome!!!!

We purchased this car for our grandson aged 18 months for Christmas. He was absolutely delighted with it.

Our son and his wife took him out in it on Christmas day and they too were delighted with it.

Thumbs up!

Buy Step2 Whisper Ride II, Blue Now

The only thing I don't like about this, is that the front wheels don' rotate, so to turn a corner or to turn in general, you'll have to tilt the back wheels up then move the car into the location that you want to turn it. If they designed it so that the front wheels can rotate, then it would've been the perfect buggy!! Other than that, it's superb! Ohh and also, I hated the assembling. As a kids toy, I think it should've came more put together.

Read Best Reviews of Step2 Whisper Ride II, Blue Here

My daughter bought this toy for me to use with my grandson (I'm the nanny). It's together now, and fun for him, but we were very disappointed with the trouble we had putting it together. 1) The screw for the item that screws into the back trunk was too long, and would have scratched any little finger that found it sticking out, so I had to go to the hardware store to get a shorter one. 2) When you hammer the wheel caps onto the wheel rods, the end you hammer on flattens a bit, so the plastic pieces you have to put on next won't fit on the rods. Very frustrating, and I ended up trying so hard to make it work that my sore wrist made it impossible to continue. My son-in-law came over and when I showed him the problem, we had to get a metal file out to trim the flattened rod tops. This worked, but it took a while and like I mentioned, we needed his stronger hammer arm to get the wheel caps on. 3) A piece that goes into the back of the seat where the child sits wouldn't fit in the hole, and my son-in-law asked, "Do you think they made it this way so the child won't get too comfortable?" We all laughed, and my daughter suggested twirling a small knife in the plastic hole to enlarge it. That finally worked, and we got the back handle on.

All in all, this took too long to build and too much arm hammer strength for a granny. Also, the part sizes needed alterations, as mentioned above, to fit right. I'm giving it three stars, since my grandson likes it, but if you buy it, be prepared for some challenges. (We thought maybe "Made in China?" but it turns out it's a USA product!)

Want Step2 Whisper Ride II, Blue Discount?

Very well-constructed, durable, and easy to steer. Love the handle for pushing and our grandson loves riding in it. The instructions for assembly were the bare minimum, consisting of blurry, black and white photos that were so poor it sometimes took a while to distinguish exactly what was in the photo--no written instructions at all. But never mind; it's a great product that gets a lot of use, is practical and fun and of excellent quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment