Saturday, July 20, 2013

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Lantern

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning LanternMy little one received this as a gift for his first Christmas, he was nearly 1 year old. His grandparents gave this lantern to him and gave his 4 year old brother the Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Explorers 2-in-1 Lantern. It was fun for both of the boys to receive their own lanterns, each appropriate for their age. Our little one likes to push the orange button on top to make the lantern turn off and on. Also, he likes to spin the little blue roller underneath the lantern to start the songs. My only criticism of the toy is that each time you spin the blue roller a new songs starts. It would be nice if once a song started it finished completely before starting a new song. What I mean here is 1) you spin the blue roller 2) a song starts 3) you spin the blue roller again AND even though it is the middle of the song that just started a new song begins. I don't feel like we ever get to hear a song in its full entirety as my little guy gets so spin happy that he just keeps turning the roller starting new song, after new song, after new song. Since Fisher-Price spent time making up such cute little songs, it would be nice to actually hear the entire melody! They should have made this so you could keep spinning the roller but a new song wouldn't start until the previous one made it all the way through. Other than that this is a cute fun toy. I like the different play modes nighttime, music or learning and the two volume control settings (although it would be nice too, if the volume control was located somewhere other than where little fingers can easily adjust but I'm not too sure what a better solution would be.). All-in-all this is a fun, versatile toy with lots of fun music! We can't wait for camping season so our little one can take his lantern along for the adventures!

Nice product. Inexpensive, durable, and fun. Our little grandson is a year old and he really enjoys playing with it. It is sturdy and well constructed for little ones active play.

Buy Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Lantern Now

My daughter loves to watch the lights and hear the sounds when she lying on her back. It really keeps her attention and makes her happy.

Read Best Reviews of Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Lantern Here

This is a pretty basic toy. It must be new, cause I saw it in a local store advertised for same price as Amazon and no reviews, so I went ahead and got it. My son (14 months) loves to push buttons and since learning to really walk a month ago, he loves even more to carry things around, so I thought this toy would be perfect. My son's only played with it one night (and I've messed around with it for a bit to see what it really does), but he doesn't seem too interested in it. I'm already considering taking it back, but I'll give it a few days. If I keep it, of course I'll update in a few weeks, but since there was nothing here, I thought I'd help other parents out in the meantime.

Your kid can push the orange button on top to turn the light on/off and flip through a few songs in music mode in learning mode, it says hello/goodbye/lights on/lights off. There's a "bug" of some sort on the side that they can slide up and down so far, that's all I can tell it does in either mode. And there's the main roller in the front that flips through some different songs in each mode (daytime and nighttime pics).. And that's about it. The main roller in front is very frustrating because what kid is only going to flip the roller so far to get to another song?? No, the kid will keep rolling it. FP should have set it so the song is initially triggered, able to complete, and then if the thing's still rolling, trigger another song. There is also a "nighttime" mode, which is much calmer than the other 2. The button and roller switch to lullaby-type music or nighttime animal sounds or a snore followed by "night-night" (????). Kinda weird, but whatever. I will say this toy appears durable. My son's dropped it on the floor twice and not a mark.

We love the FP Learning toy line (except for the possessed puppy. *shudders*). But like I said before, I don't know if we'll be keeping this one. Doesn't appear to be a toy that really does anything different/special/unique than ones that we already have. It's not a bad toy or anything, but I wouldn't advise other parents to get this, unless your kid just has a thing for lanterns.

Want Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Lantern Discount?

We received this lantern as a Christmas gift for my 4 month old. Initially, I was going to return it. However, my husband was doing tummy time with my infant and pressed the button. When it started singing and lighting up, my infant was mesmorized. Most of the other reviews seem to be parents of older children. This is a great eye catcher for tummy time! Obviously, we have to press the buttom or roll the bar, but HE LOVES IT!

Save $0.02 Off

No comments:

Post a Comment