Friday, July 12, 2013

Rolling Sorter

Rolling SorterWonderworld is on my list of approved toy-makers due to my rather strict toxicity guidelines. I've purchased a few of their toys and have been generally happy with the quality. This one, however, doesn't make the cut. The concept is great -a roller and shape sorter in one. Other brands offer this kind of toy, too, but most are made of plastic and frankly, the manufacturers don't have the best track record of toxicity. When I saw that Wonderworld offered this toy, it was fast-tracked for purchase. Sadly, I was very disappointed when the toy arrived. First, I noticed that over half of the shapes in the set had chipped paint, even though they were wrapped separately in paper. That may have been a shipping or packaging problem. However, I was also disappointed with the construction of the sorter. The bars were relatively flimsy, and the bar that "opens" (the one with a red ball attached) doesn't have a proper clasping mechanism to keep it in place. I ended up buying a similar sorter from Hape without the rolling function.

No comments:

Post a Comment