Sunday, July 21, 2013

Tek Nek "Rock N' Ride" Pink Pony

Tek Nek 'Rock N' Ride' Pink PonyThis will be the fourth one we have bought...they all have loved it and all still have them...We bought the first one years ago for our oldest grandson and he passed his on to his little brother. We then bought one for another grandson who in turn passed it on to his little borther. We bought one again last year for our newest grandson and he loves his! We now have a grandaughter and we were thrilled to see that it also comes in pink we just bought the pink one for her! This pony is just adorable and the mouth moves as it sings!!

I bought this for my daughter's first birthday. She loved it immediately, and was very excited to sit on it and listen to the music. I didn't take long at all for her to figure out how to rock and how to push on the ears to make the pony talk and sing. She cries when it is time to get off! The only complaint was that the first pony we received didn't have enough fur to cover the battery pack that is inside the neck. It was wide open, and I could not stretch the fur over it to velcro closed. However, I returned it easily (they picked it up from my doorstep) and was sent another within days.

*Two months later, the ear that plays the song no longer works! Seems that it should last longer than that. Very disappointing. Originally gave 5 stars, now 3.

Buy Tek Nek "Rock N' Ride" Pink Pony Now

I ordered this as a Christmas present for our 7 month old daughter, who will be almost 8 months by Christmas. Though she is a little young for it now, her great aunt had bought her a little cowgirl outfit, and we figured we could get some great pictures with the rocking horse.

It came well packaged. It needs assembled, which consists of just 4 philips head screws to attach the horse to the rocking frame.

The body is nice and plush. The tail and maine are nice and light weight and sort of flow with the slight breeze from rocking. The base is constructed of a sturdy plastic, along with the handle on the horse body. This helps keep the weight down and will make it easy for a small child to move it around in their play area. There is also a set of reins on the head. There isn't a lot of slack on them, but just enough so that a child would be able to grab a hold of them while rocking, but most likely couldn't get all tangled up.

The battery control box is located inside a pocket in the back of the neck. It fits nice and snug in there, and isn't noticeable. There is a velcro closure that keeps it secure. The volume control is on the box. It offers low, high, or off. It also came with the required AA size batteries already installed. They are really cheap no-name batteries, so I don't expect them to last very long. I believe it requires 3 AA batteries.

Both of the ears have a button to press to make the sound effects. The left ear plays a song, "I'm a little pony" which will get stuck in your head after playing it only a couple of times. The horse's mouth moves while it is singing. The right ear has 2 different sayings, which also moves the horse's mouth. The right ear also has 2 horse "naying" sounds. The mouth does not move with the naying sounds.

I did read a review that said the mouth movement isn't very realistic, etc. Well it isn't, but to a 1 or so year old child it's probably pretty cool.

Overall I highly recommend this rocking horse. It's a nice small size for a first rocking horse. It's very soft, and plush, and I'm very happy I decided to order it.

Read Best Reviews of Tek Nek "Rock N' Ride" Pink Pony Here

I ordered this for a 1 year's bday party. Many of the little kids at the party enjoyed it, even though the birthday girl only played on it for a few minutes. She's still too small to use it on her own, but hopefully she will have more fun with it when she's a little older.

I ordered from Amazon and receieved it very quickly, but I was very disappointed that the sticker on the plastic rocking piece was placed upside down so I needed to use a hair dryer to gently remove it. I'm glad I noticed it before giving it as a gift because it looked tacky. Also, the velcro on the back of the pony's neck (where the battery compartment is), doesn't close very well. Actually it was fully open until I tugged and pulled as much as possible to get it mostly closed. Then I had to hide it w/ the pony's hair so it wouldn't look so bad.

It's a cute toy, but overall wasn't very satisfied with the quality control it went through.

ADDED NOTE: 10/09/11

The little girl I gave this to is now over a year and half years old and she LOVES her pony. She's always playing with it. Glad I made this purchase!!!

Want Tek Nek "Rock N' Ride" Pink Pony Discount?

We got this for our (active) 8-month old to grown into. She is still a little small for it, but loves the singing and horsey noises. The song gets stuck in my head pretty good, though. "I'm a little pony, clippity clop, clippity clop ..."

It is a little odd that the song is sung by a male voice (pushing the left ear) AND a female voice speaks for the pony (right ear).

Ours came already put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment