Monday, September 23, 2013

Chewbeads "Jane" Necklace

Chewbeads Necklace - Jane Necklace - Punchy Pinklove the concept of this and love that baby can chew on this while I am wearing it... my only compliant is that your hair gets SUPER pulled in this. It gets caught in the middle of the "beads" and pinches and pulls... ouch! Deciding if I am going to keep the set or return them. (I bought a few colors.) Wish they didnt pull my hair.. I would then give it 5 stars for sure!

I wear my son in a carrier a lot and I have two other teether necklaces we love. I was super excited about finding beads to add to my baby friendly wardrobe. But...

It's ugly

It pulls hair

It smells like a burnt out transmission

The clasp is cheaply made

Bummer.

EDIT:

I E-mailed the company and got this prompt resonse:

Thanks so much for your email regarding your chewbeads purchase.

The smell is from the molding process, and usually dissipates within a day or two of being out of the packaging. If you haven't already put it through the dishwasher you should and then let it air out. The material is tested after molding so we are certain it is totally safe for chewing.

If you are still disappointed, we will happily accept your return and issue a full refund for the cost of the necklace.

Please let us know how you would like to proceed. No rush if you want to try them for a week or so.

Best regards,

I am going to put it in the dishwasher and try it again. If the smell goes away I will just wear it with my hair up. My son saw it on the counter and really liked it, so I will give it a go. I am impressed that the company got right back to me. Im bumping it to 3 stars for that. If the smell goes away, I will say 4 stars since it still isnt very pretty.

Buy Chewbeads "Jane" Necklace Now

I recieved these as a gift and I love them! And more importantly my baby loves them! I keep them in my purse for those times when we are out and about and he gets fussy. He always likes these, they are easy for him to manipulate and chew while we are walking through the store and when I get home I can throw them in the dishwasher! They are awesome. And they look pretty cute too! I don't know if I would have chosen this color for myself, but I am surprised with how often it matches my outfit. If they were cheaper I would buy every color!

Read Best Reviews of Chewbeads "Jane" Necklace Here

I LOVE the idea of these, and I was so excited to get them in the mail. When I opened them, they were gorgeous! But, (and there is a big but...) I put them on, and I could only wear them for 2 minutes before I took them off because they were pulling my hair out. I tried wearing my hair in a pony tail, but that didn't help. Sadly, they have been tossed in her bin of toys. She loves to chew on them, which is great, but they are totally un-wearable, and that makes me so sad! :(

Want Chewbeads "Jane" Necklace Discount?

After growing tired of my teething daughter breaking my glass bead necklaces, I decided to try the Chewbeads. What a fantastic idea! I love the look of the beads and I can very easily wear them to the office without looking like I'm wearing a 'mommy' necklace. I nurse my daughter every lunch hour and she likes to play with the beads while nursing. She LOVES to chew on the beads while standing in my lap. The necklace is strong and sturdy and has never come off despite some tough pulls. The only drawback to this design is that the silicone beads pull at the hair on the very sensitive nape of my neck. Then I have long strands of hair stuck between the beads that take forever to pull out. I have found myself keeping the beads in my purse to put on only while nursing or when I desperately need a destration for my daughter. I think I'd love this necklace even more if there were only beads around the front of the necklace. The other drawback is that the silicone picks up every piece of hair, lint, and fuzz around, but honestly I guess that is to be expected and doesn't really outweigh the soft, safe, squishyness that my daughter loves to chew on. It just means the necklace gets thrown in the dishwasher more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment