Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Madame Alexander 18" Strawberry Shortcake Cloth Doll

Madame Alexander 18' Strawberry Shortcake Cloth DollThis Strawberry Shortcake doll was just what we were looking for...perfect in every way. We gave it to our daughter for her first birthday and she loves it, sleeps with it every night. If you want a well-made, beautiful cloth doll, you won't be disappointed in this one.

We purchased this doll as a Christmas gift for my daughter over 3 years ago. She hasn't slept a night without it since. It holds up well to washing (and long since lost it's strawberry smell). I will say that I have had to re-attach the hat with needle and thread more times than I care to count (definitely more than 10), so that's kind of frustrating. She has also lost some of her hair. But to be honest, the only reason I was on this page was that I was thinking of buying a replacement, so I would say I definitely recommend it!

Buy Madame Alexander 18" Strawberry Shortcake Cloth Doll Now

Strawberry Shortcake is a well designed doll with detailed features and durable construction. She has a very distinct "strawberry" scent which is discernible right after you take her out of the package. The manufacturers description states that she is a toy which is "safe for all ages" has held true as all her features are designed in a way that prevents any possible choking hazards.

Overall this toy is probably better suited for older children (or collectors) who understand Strawberry Shortcake as a character because it does not provide much entertainment value as a stand-alone doll (as compared to the traditional baby doll). My daughters (ages 1 and 2) have played with her briefly but typically shun Strawberry Shortcake in favor of their other dolls.

I rated this item 4 stars because I think it's well designed and it's durable enough to survive the typical rough play. I would have rated it higher, but I don't think the entertainment value is high enough for younger kids to warrant a 5 star rating. In addition the dolls head is large (like the character), but it makes balancing her precarious which tended to be a point of frustration for my older daughter.

Read Best Reviews of Madame Alexander 18" Strawberry Shortcake Cloth Doll Here

I got this for my niece who's almost a year old. She seemed to like it, or at least it didn't make her freak out like some other gifts she got for Christmas. My sisters say it really does smell like strawberries too, so that's good.

That is all.

Want Madame Alexander 18" Strawberry Shortcake Cloth Doll Discount?

Occasionally, I'll buy something online or through a catalog because the picture of the item looks so good. When it arrives, it's a disappointment when the item doesn't really match the catalog photo and is cheaply or inexpertly made.

I'm happy to report this did not happen with this Strawberry Shortcake doll. This doll looks better than the photo (more detailed) and is solidly made. It feels like an old-fashioned doll -both in style and construction.

The doll has the perfume-y, slightly unreal scent of strawberries, but it isn't overwhelming. It's a pleasant odor, really. I'm not sure how long the scent will last, but I'm not sure how important that is, anyway.

My mom has collected Madame Alexander dolls for around 40 years. I showed her this doll and she really gave it a thorough going-over. Mom thought it was great and ended up buying one for one of my nieces for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment