Sunday, November 10, 2013

Kids Preferred The World of Eric Carle The Very Hungry Caterpillar Toy

Kids Preferred The World of Eric Carle The Very Hungry Caterpillar Toy, Wood PullMy title is "Cute not scary" because I know some children are startled easily by Jack-in-the-box type toys. This is mostly because of the loud noise they make when they POP up out of the box. My husband STILL winces when turning the crank on a jack-in-the-box due to past trauma (lol).

I was rather pleasantly surprised when we received ours to find that the noise made when the caterpillar pops up isn't loud at all. It's the quietest jack-in-the-box toy I've ever seen really. So it's good for small kids. I don't think it would frighten them like other loud ones might.

It plays the traditional song all of these play. Of course it is extremely cute too. It matches our baby's nursery theme which is why I purchased it.

Just a word of advice watch the price on this one. I noticed it tends to fluctuate between $15 all the way up to $24.99.

We love this toy. It is well made and very reminiscent of the caterpillar in the book (that was the main reason we got it... if it hadn't looked this great we'd have passed it by). almost all pull toys these days have strings that are way too short (laibility issues... sigh). we have several pull toys with too short strings. we just tie a longer string on and it works fine.

Buy Kids Preferred The World of Eric Carle The Very Hungry Caterpillar Toy Now

This classic Jack-in-the-Box is very well made. Gave it to my granddaughter for her first birthday and we all love it. The Hungry Caterpillar is one of her favorite books. I do find that she has little patience waiting for the music to get to the point where the caterpillar pops up so it might be better for a slightly older child. But she does love it.

Read Best Reviews of Kids Preferred The World of Eric Carle The Very Hungry Caterpillar Toy Here

My son got this as a gift for his 1st birthday. I'm a big fan of the Very Hungry Caterpillar and pull toys are classic, so I thought this would be great.

However I am disappointed with this toy. I didn't realize that each wooden segment of the body would rotate. There is elastic that runs through the body that allows it to do so. This makes it useless as a pull toy. If my son bumps it or it falls over or if he just plays with it it makes the body segments rotate into a position that doesn't allow it to roll along. It also falls over way too easily and then my son can't fix it. I think it would work much better if I glued the body together but that's one of those things I've been meaning to do and never got around to.

Yes, the string is too short. So it's not a strangulation hazard. It is however easy to add your own longer string. The short string has a break-away clip and I unclipped the part that the child holds. Then I threaded in a longer string and clipped it back onto the toy. Now that it is long enough to pull, my son is having fun with it this morning. He's now 22 months. Fun until it falls over and twists and he needs help to stand it up again.

So, this toy looks cute on a shelf, but it's not great to actually play with.

Want Kids Preferred The World of Eric Carle The Very Hungry Caterpillar Toy Discount?

I bought this as a birthday present for a little one that LOVES the Hungry caterpillar book. It's absolutely adorable and it seems SUPER durable. Which is a must for a one year old!!

Save 32% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment