Thursday, November 28, 2013

Sing & Learn Musical MIC

Sing & Learn Musical MICWe got this for our 10 month old daughter to use while at Grandma's house. She feel in love with it right away and is the first toy she goes right to when we visit Grandma. It allows her do do multiple activities like vocalizing into the mic, listening to animal sounds, names, and music, and has so many combinations of sounds and songs that even I still haven't heard them all. It keeps her interest for a very long time and so far is slobber proof...very important for a child who puts everything into their mouths.

I bought this for my 2 year old as a microphone is a suggested toy when working on speech and articulation. She loves this microphone but only because she can push the buttons (over and over) and sounds come out. The same sounds. Over and over. I swear to god, if I have to listen to that cheery voice say, "SING with me!" one more time, I will freak out. We have a lot of musical toys and this is by far the most annoying. There is no way to turn off the sounds and just use the microphone. In fact, if the toy isn't played with for a few seconds you hear "SING with me!" with no pushing of buttons. There is no way to select a specific song everything is random and the animals noises are incredibly annoying and useless. After one day, I am throwing this toy away. Completely noneducational and useless as a microphone.

Buy Sing & Learn Musical MIC Now

My son received this for his first birhtday but I gave it to him when he was about 15 months.

PROS:

For a child who likes music this would be fun.

Easy to carry around. This is usually the toy that goes to doctor's visits, etc. There are two sound levels so it's not too loud.

The buttons are easy to push, ideal for little fingers.

CONS:

The animal sounds are not easily discernible.

The repetition is really annoying and the pitch of the voice leaves a lot to be desired.

It is not durable. My son threw it out his crib and that was the end of it. The light flashes but there is no sound. Changed batteries but no luck. If I shake it a bit it will work for a few seconds. I am buying another mic but certainly not this!

Educational I am not sure much is offered. The intent is there but the pitch of the voice makes it hard to understand what is being said.

Overall my son does enjoy playing with the mic, (he likes anything that makes noise). However after doing a little research I am convinced that there are much more beneficial toys on the market.

Read Best Reviews of Sing & Learn Musical MIC Here

My 10 month old loves this toy! My 5 year old loves it too! It produces an echo when they sing into it. My baby loves to chew on the top and bottom as well as to hear all the songs and sounds. It entertains her in the car and she carries it around the house. My 5 year old loves to sing into it as the music plays in the background. I think she wants her own.

Want Sing & Learn Musical MIC Discount?

Doesn't really amplify voice... Unless we missed something on the settings. The music and learning settings work fine. Overall ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment