Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Fisher-Price Discover 'n Grow Crib-To-Floor Mobile

Fisher-Price Discover 'n Grow Crib-To-Floor MobileI bought this mobile to have one in my child's pack-and-play while I took her to work with me the first three months of her life. I love it! Baby does too! It has three little paper-thin fabric fish with black stripes (young babies love simple black lines) and three stuffed animals a blue whale, a green sea horse, and a purple sextopus well, the octopus has six legs, instead of eight but since baby can't count I don't mind. Worth mentioning there is a huge white tag sticking off the octopus. Nothing a pair of manicure scissors can't remove if you want it gone. The toys detach and though I haven't done that yet you COULD do this later to let baby chew on them as he/she gets older if you desired.

You have the option to play lullaby music and it cycles through Brahm's lullaby and Clair de Lune and another classical piece or more "fun" music like, Sailing, Sailing or Row, Row, Row Your Boat. One thing to note though the "long" play feature plays the lullabies only and lasts about 10 minutes. The "short" play feature plays the fun songs only one. at. a. time. I think this design element is for older babies that can play with the base unit (spin the spinner and push the buttons). You literally push a button and get about 10 seconds of music for "short" play. However, I do think this feature will be more fun for my daughter once she is older.

The two volumes on this mobile are medium and soft which I like. Of course, I always leave it on soft. You can also turn off the rotating movement of the mobile if you want to in order to save batteries though my baby is now 12 weeks and we have used the unit daily for 8 weeks and are still on our original batteries. This turn-off feature will also come in handy for when baby is older and can sit-up to play with the buttons on the base of the unit you can detach the mobile all together and then turn off the "motor" in the base, so it is not wasting battery power spinning nothing when the mobile is not attached.

I do not know why it took baby toy makers soooo long to come up with a floor-based mobile genious idea! As I said, this is great for the pack and play, tummy time, or toss it in the car to take to Grandma's one weekend.

I do have a separate, more permanent mobile attached to my baby's crib in the home, but I LOVE this one because I can spread a blanket on the floor in the den and entertain baby with this mobile. I would not buy this as my primary mobile but it makes a great secondary mobile. If you want a more permanent mobile I recommend the ones that attach to a crib from Tiny Love they play for 20 minutes, have multiple moving parts, and have mesmerized all three of my daughters for hours during infancy! You could however, make this your baby's primary mobile if you wanted to, but I think there are better ones out there. But as a portable one or secondary one THIS is the one to get!

The ONLY con I can come up with this particular mobile is that I wish it played longer than the approximately 10 minutes. Though, pushing a button once every 10 minutes to re-start it isn't TOO big of a hassle.

This is another high quality, durable, highly recommended baby toy from Fisher-Price that will grow with your baby and last several months. At 3 months old, I feel I've already gotten my money's worth and I know we will continue to enjoy it. Don't hesitate to buy.

I'll be back to update this review once my daughter can sit up and play with the base on her own.

I bought this item for my 2 month old grandson and here loves it!!! I lay him on the floor on a blanket with the mobile above his head and he loves it! He's a little older now and he reaches for the animals and "talks" to them. Best purchase ever!!!!!

Buy Fisher-Price Discover 'n Grow Crib-To-Floor Mobile Now

Entertaining for baby. Sometimes the mobile doesn't spin?!?! A quick turn back off then on usually fixes it! It's ok

Read Best Reviews of Fisher-Price Discover 'n Grow Crib-To-Floor Mobile Here

My son Loves this mobile he was 2 months old when he got this for christmas and he has grown to love it more at 3 months old. I love that the mobile actually moves! My son is very active and a mobile that doesn't move does not keep him entertained.

Want Fisher-Price Discover 'n Grow Crib-To-Floor Mobile Discount?

The whole theme is very pretty and colorful. It was easy to put together and easy to use. My only complaint is that the timing for the twirling action of the mobile is too short. It always stops before the music does and my baby is still waiting for it to move.

Save 15% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment