Friday, January 31, 2014

Chicco Sing 'N Learn Kangaroo

Chicco Sing 'N Learn KangarooWho gave this woman a singing job on this toy is beyond me. It is by far the worst voice I have ever heard. I am a terrible singer and I could do better. And why are two of the shapes on her underbelly making it difficult for even a 1 year old to figure out. I would opt for the fisher price picnic basket instead. It won't hurt your brain as bad either to hear that singing vs this kangaroo.

We got this for my son on his first birthday. It took him about a month before he finally got the concept of putting the shapes in the right part of the sorter, or pressing the buttons. I think the bottom two shapes (triangle & circle) are the hardest because it's on the bottom and at an awkward angle. He does love to push the nose, which makes it sing or make funny noises. I know it says 9+ months, but I'm glad I waited as many of the shape sorters I looked at said 1+.

Cons:

The only thing i do not like, is that if you put the shape in even half way, it will reward you with a noise/name the shape, color or fruit as if you had put it in all the way. It kind of defeats the purpose of positive reinforcement. Also, the kangaroo belly is deep (in the back), and sometimes my son got frustrated trying to take the shapes out of the belly.

Buy Chicco Sing 'N Learn Kangaroo Now

My mother in law gave this toy to my daughter a little over 2 years ago when she was 1 year 9 months old. My daughter just turned 4 and still loves to play with Mommy Kangaroo. This toy is still in the same shape than it was when it was given to my daughter and it has been used a lot. It uses two AA batteries and you won't need to change them at least before a year of use.

The songs are very cute in both English and Spanish and the translation is accurate. I love it and I will strongly recommend this for parents educating bilingual toddlers.

Spanish is our native language. My daughter speaks both English and Spanish and this toy was very helpful as she got it even before she started to utter her first words in either language.

I think the toy is a little pricey, but it is really a good quality toy.

Read Best Reviews of Chicco Sing 'N Learn Kangaroo Here

This was a gift for my daughter when she was 6 months, so we put it away until her 9m birthday. Even now, though, at 16 months, she finds it really frustrating. Why? Because the shapes are on the kangaroo's pocket, where they are hard to see and harder to get the blocks into. The bilingual design is clever, the music catchy, and the toy is cute, but it fails at it's primary purpose.

Want Chicco Sing 'N Learn Kangaroo Discount?

I love this toy. The best thing is that the spanish translation is actually correct and not somewhat the same!!

No comments:

Post a Comment