Sunday, January 19, 2014

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Counting Friends Phone

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Counting Friends PhoneMy child received this toy as gift. As other reviewers pointed out, the phone cord is too short, which most of us assume is due to strangulation concerns. (So why did they bother to put one?) One parent reviewer said she cut the cord which makes it more like a cordless house phone. I may do this, though we'll have to attempt to keep up with it, at least she can use it.

The pull-toy string has nothing on the end to keep it from fraying. Could they have tied off the end without putting small parts? I don't know. I tied a knot at the end to see if that helps. It seems strange to have a phone as a pull-toy, anyway, and it does nothing to motivate you pull it (no music, no flapping or moving parts like other pull toys.) I tried pulling it with my one-year-old, but it bored her quickly. She does like the plastic flip cards at the top, which sing when you change them, and she likes pushing the buttons. I would not recommend this toy as a pull toy or toy phone. You can find much better ones for your money.

My 12 Month old received this as a Christmas gift and was very excited to use it. The problem is that everytime he tried to put the handset to his ear, the whole phone had to come along with it....the cord is too short.

I understand that longer cords can be choking hazards, yet it has a VERY long cord that is attached to the front to be used to pull the phone along the floor. My child has never attempted to pull that cord (yet) and doesn't even pay attention to it. He wants to pick up the handset and put it to his ear.

So.....I cut the cord off the handset so it's free standing now and he loves it. Just have to watch to make sure it doesn't get lost. :)

Buy Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Counting Friends Phone Now

We got this for our 2 yr old for Valentine's Day. She is obsessed with phones right now and loves playing with this one!

Read Best Reviews of Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Counting Friends Phone Here

My 3 year old granddaughter adores this phone, she spends hours having imaginary conversations. The educational aspects are an added plus.

Want Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Counting Friends Phone Discount?

Ok...Well I must first say that I only paid $4.00 for this at a children's consignment shop...and good thing b/c to me-thats all it's worth! I really didnt notice it at first glace that there is no zero...and that as another reviewer said,the phone cord is ridiculously short!! Upon getting the toy home & giving it to my son to play with,he goes to grab the phone & the entire toy FLINGS into the air & almost Bops him in the head b/c the darn cord is SO short. FP could have easily made the cord retractable(???) 3 stars is more than generous.

Save 21% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment