Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Learning Hoops

Learning HoopsThe only reason I do not give this toy 5 stars is that, with all children, it will get ignored for a long time and then rediscovered. I have seldom come across a toy that has completely fascinated my child but when I do, believe me it gets a glowing and honest review. My son immediately took to this toy at a friend's house but ignored it for a while when we brought one home (typical with younger toddlers).

The toy will last you a long time though, I keep it in view in a corner of the living room. It is great for playdates and really does help with coordination it is the first thing the child grasps how to get the ball in the hoop. I think they did a great job in choosing the height of this toy, it's not imposing. As a parent I'm grateful it does not attack my child with overly stimulating loud, brash music and keeps it simple and direct. It will shut itself off pretty quickly ("Thanks for learning with LeapFrog bye bye!") but I think of that as more of a plus than a minus.

It is one of those toys that grows on your child and now my son is 28 months and was sitting in front of it today, pushing the knob inside the basket to get the toy to say the alphabet and he was repeating each letter afterwards.

I have become very impressed with the Leapfrog line of toys (I have not purchased the books though) and along with this toy I would highly, highly recommend the Leapfrog Learning Table (a 5 in my book).

When my son got to be just under eight months this he learned how to put the ball thru the hoop and, of course, he loved the sounds it makes. Soon after, he realized that he could make the sound while still keeping the ball in his hand in the hoop. He absolutely loves this toy he plays with it for hours each day. In fact, he seldom goes anywhere without the little ball in his hand. He is ten months now and plays with a much bigger basketball too, but he never gets tired of playing with this toy. I have been reading about some kids pulling off the net well, I just wnet over to the hoop and tried to pull it off myself and I could not. Either they have assembled it incorrectly or I have a super-sturdy model. I can't think of anything bad about this toy except that my son will probably outgrow it before he learns how to spell.

Buy Learning Hoops Now

My one year old son loves it!! He loves to hear the letters and numbers when he places the ball in the hoop. What a great product. His three yr. old sis even joins in on the fun when they play with it. A must have for all sports fans!!!!

Read Best Reviews of Learning Hoops Here

The hoop on this toy easily pops off. My child actually had to go to the emergency room because of this toy. She was playing with it as it was intended. The hoop came off which made her lose her balance. She then fell and hit her eye on the hoop. She ended up with a NASTY gash in the crease of her eyelid! If she would have hit any lower she could have actually damaged her eye ball! I sent a letter and received no response. Please do not buy this toy!

Want Learning Hoops Discount?

This toy is TERRIBLE! We recieved it as a gift last night for our 10-month old son. He tried to peer down through the hoop, which broke off and he fell flat on his face HARD. We called Leap Frog to let them know, and they told us it had been discontinued for this very reason, and that if we sent it in, they would send us the new, improved version....

No comments:

Post a Comment