Friday, January 24, 2014

PlanToys Roller

PlanToys RollerI love the idea of this simple toy for babies, but was horrified when mine fell apart during its first day of use. The six side pieces and ball present serious choking hazards when the toy doesn't stay together. We were able to repair it with some gorilla glue, but buyer beware!

Toy is Ok...much, much smaller than it looked in the picture...no dimensions. It is smaller than a baseball. We thought it would be somewhat larger.

Buy PlanToys Roller Now

Our son started playing with my husband's toy car (metal, with moving parts, not appropriate for baby), so we ordered this toy as a substitute. It's great very colorful with a ball inside so it makes noise as it rolls. The ball also helps to make the toy roll smoothly across a flat surface.

My only quibble is that the toy is about the size of a plum. From the picture I expected something larger, so I was pretty shocked at this tiny little thing that came out of the box. however, our son can get his hands around it, and it rolls really well, and he likes it. So the size is not that important as long as we keep our eyes on it. That thing could go missing under the sofa in nothing flat!

Read Best Reviews of PlanToys Roller Here

We love plan toys. We have many of their toys and my kids (5yr, 3yr, and 7mth) really love playing with them. This toy was great for my first son but my 7mth old got his fingers stuck in the space between the colored slats. I had to pull pretty hard to get them out and he had crimps in his fingers after I pulled them out. I thought maybe it was a fluke since it had never happened before with my other son, so I didn't throw it away.

He ended up grabbing it again a few days later and got 2 fingers and his thumb stuck that time! He was shaking his little hand and it wouldn't come off. So, I guess it wasn't a fluke.

I would not recommend this toy. However, I called Plan Toys and they were really nice and are sending me a different product to replace this one.

Want PlanToys Roller Discount?

My son received this from our registry for Christmas. I was surprised at the size. I thought it was going to be bigger, but it is the perfect size for little hands to grasp. He was 2 months old at the time, so he didn't show much interest right away, but a few months later, this became a favorite of his to play with. Now he is 8 months old, and he loves to hold it with one hand and shake it and pass it to the other hand. We also roll it back and forth to each other. I turn it and point to the colors and tell him what they are. Plan Toys is such a great company. I feel completely safe when I see him gnawing on it, knowing it is non-toxic and eco-friendly. We haven't had any problems with durability. Will definitely buy more Plan Toys in the future.

Save 26% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment