Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Spin Disc

Spin DiscThis toy is a must for children with sensory and balance issues. The sitting area is large and it is easy for children to sit comfortably with their legs folded. I bought it for my 8 year old who weighs 54 lbs. My 10 year old son who weighs about 75 lbs can sit with plenty of extra room. Once you start spinning, the toy keeps the momentum going. If you try to spin it too fast a child can fall off since it is on an angle, but you have to spin very fast and be a little dizzy for that to happen. It is very sturdy and I cannot find a single thing wrong with the craftsmanship of this product.

This was a fantastic spinning toy for my 6 year old autistic son. He's 50-60lbs, so well within the weight guidelines. He would spin so fast and it brought him so much joy!

After 3 months of daily use, it broke. The plastic in the base that the shaft goes through split, and would therefore no longer keep the washers and bearings secure, so when he'd sit on it, the top would be sitting directly on the base and would not spin. Those of you with autistic children can understand, when your child gets used to a particular activity in their daily routine and then have it break, it's a disaster! Meltdown city and impossible to communicate to my nonverbal child that it is broken.

The manufacturer of this product is a private source and you can NOT contact them directly. The representative of Sensory University (the seller) could offer me no recourse as the manufacturer only guarantees the product for 30 days! Just 30 days!!!

I had to reorder another one, which at $129 + shipping is not cheap! Especially if I am going to have to replace it every 3 months!

I would urge the manufacturer of this product to change the base of this spin disc as well as the way the base attaches to the seat--make it all metal plate and shaft, so plastic splitting is not an issue. Additionally, I would urge them to increase their warranty time and have the ability to be contacted by consumers! I'm really disappointed.

We loved this disc, which is the ONLY reason I am hesitantly purchasing another one. I hope the next one lasts a little longer.

Buy Spin Disc Now

I highly recommend this product for any parent/guardian who has or know a child that is challenged with Sensory Integration Disorder SID. I recommend this product for children with strong upper body strength and can follow simple commands. The Spin Gym is slightly tilted, so pushing is not necessary. Spinning aids as a stimulus for the child and develops the vestibular system. As you read and learn about Sensory Integration Disorder I believe it will help more and more while enabling your child to successfully overcome obstacles with SID. This has been a very good product to add to my daughter's "sensory diet."

Read Best Reviews of Spin Disc Here

Awesome! My nephew loved it! He has autism and finding toys he likes is not easy. This is one he really enjoys. Thank you.

Want Spin Disc Discount?

I really do love this spin disc. I am a traveling therapist so it is a little bigger and heavier than I would like for moving between locations. However, it spins very smoothly and the size makes it possible for the kids to be in many different positions and to easily propel themselves. I highly recommend it for quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment