Saturday, February 15, 2014

Fisher-Price Toddlerz Chatter Telephone

Fisher-Price Toddlerz Chatter TelephoneI was excited when I first bought this toy for my little one, because I had one when I was a child. I'll say one thing about it, it's cute and it looks like the old one, and it's durable. Most Fisher Price toys can withstand alot of abuse. But it's not as playable as the old one.

First of all, the original was made of wood of course, and this one is plastic, but no problem with that, just thought I would mention that to anyone who thought it was exactly like the old one.

The reason it's awkward for children to play with is because the reciever cord is very very short. The child will practically have to hold the whole phone up to his ear.

Whoever said that their child had the coiled cord wrapped around their neck was either lying trying for a lawsuit, or they had an actual older version. There is no way the coiled cord is going to wrap around anyone's neck unless it was a Barbie doll's neck. I'm assuming they shortened it for safety reasons. Okay, I understand that, but they left the pull cord long on it. A child could strangle themselves with the pull cord just as well as they could the reciever cord if it was long enough. So why shorten one for safety reasons but leave the other long? That is just stupid. My 1 year old won't play with this, because he won't pick up the whole phone to put the reciever to his ear. He gets frustrated with it. So really the only purpose it served was to bring back a childhood memory for me. I will probably wind up cutting the stupid 3 inch cord off of the darn thing so my baby can hold the reciever the right way.

So I only recommend this for someone who likes replicas of their childhood toys, or for someone who just likes cute toys to display on a shelf in their child's room. But I don't recommend it as a toy to play with.

This is an old favorite toy that I think every child has probably owned at one time or another.

I look for toys that are fun, easy to use and fairly quiet. I also look for toys that encourage creativity, exploration of the world (educational is just a bonus). I want a toy that will grow with the child. This toy fits just about all of these requirements.

This toy is fun for my kids to drag around. The moving eyes enchanted my son, encouraging him to walk when he first began walking. It is quiet and lots of fun.

Here are my few commentsFirst, it would be more fun if the wheels clicked or made some noise. Second, The button pad is one big pad that pushes down all at once, this is a shame because it would be MUCH more fun if it had seperate number buttons.

There are a lot of toys with strings for pulling. I bought this because I remembered mine. However, I don't think I would buy it for anything other than sentimental reasons. There are other more fun toys available.

Buy Fisher-Price Toddlerz Chatter Telephone Now

I didn't ask for this toy, but my 10 month old daughter received it as a gift for Christmas. She loves moving it around on the wheels, turning the rotary numbers (mostly for the sound it makes) and holding the receiver up to her ear. When I first saw the toy, the first thing I noticed was how ridiculously short the cord from the phone to the receiver is! I was a bit annoyed that they shortened it. BUT then I went into the basement of my parents house and found my old version of this toy and THE CORD ON THE OLD ONE IS THE SAME LENGTH! I was born in 1985, so maybe previous versions had longer cords, but a 25 year old version of it didn't. I think it's funny how we all assume that "parents today" were too worried about their kids strangling themselves on the cord, but apparently parents back then thought the same thing. I'm not sure how my daughter even knows what this is because she's never seen a phone like that before, but she still likes it! Long story short, my now 11 month old daughter still loves to play with this toy.

Read Best Reviews of Fisher-Price Toddlerz Chatter Telephone Here

I had owned this toy,except back then it was a rotary phone!!I do wish they didn't change the style! My kids love pull toys and toys that have noises....and this one isn't too bad for the parents to hear!!!Its a toy I will continue to give to my own kids and also friends kids!! You can also use it to learn numbers!!

Want Fisher-Price Toddlerz Chatter Telephone Discount?

No comments:

Post a Comment