Sunday, February 23, 2014

Fred's Swim Academy SwimTrainer "Classic"

Fred's Swim Academy SwimTrainer 'Classic' - RedI bought this SwimTrainer after I used another Amazon tube that goes around the neck--it was totally safe and we used it in the tub. We upgraded to this product and to our surprise, it was a hit for our 9 month old daughter! She is already kicking and moving herself to the other side of the pool. She isn't even crawling yet but my baby can swim! Maybe this will encourage her to crawl but I think she is going to walk before that ever happens. Good luck!

I had been holding my daughter to swim around in the pool since she's 5 months old. She's now 8 months old and getting too heavy for my wrists, so I decided to get this after I saw a friend's son using it. She was mad when I first put it on her at home. Then I tried again in the pool and she was totally ok with it since it made her float right away. I'm so happy to buy it because I don't have to hold her anymore and I can teach her how to kick from behind. It is great that it came with clear instructions telling you how to use the product.

I found it difficult to keep the air in while trying to close the valves, so I slid the cap into my mouth to close the valve while blowing. By doing so, the airchambers are inflated fuller and the valves can be depressed easier. Another down side is that you cannot put babies in their back on this product to learn back stroke.

Buy Fred's Swim Academy SwimTrainer "Classic" Now

There is some place leaked.

And I can not blow enough air so that is not comfortable for my baby.

Read Best Reviews of Fred's Swim Academy SwimTrainer "Classic" Here

My 4 month old daughter loves this tube. She is independent in the water...with me just a few inches away. She can splash and kick her feet....which is important and helping children navigate the water.

Want Fred's Swim Academy SwimTrainer "Classic" Discount?

I bought the red swim trainer for my son who is pretty slim for his age. At 23 months he weighs 25 lbs and is 35" long. I was having a hard time finding a swim vest or float that seemed okay for his measurements. I came across this item on Amazon and then did some digging on the net to find out more about the SwimTrainer as I had never heard of it. After discovering Fred's Academy, all the positive reviews, the cute little youtube clips of babies floating around the pool in it, I thought this would be perfect. I even decided to purchase the orange for my older boy who is almost 5 years old. Now, after using the trainers for the past 3 months at our local gym pool, I have to say that I like them, but do not love them. On the positive side, I'll say these trainers are made of a nice durable inflatable material. They do not feel like cheap plastic rafts. My older boy does jump in wearing this and so far no leaks. The best part about these floats is simply that they allow me more freedom in the pool when I am on my own with the kids. Taking two kids who can't swim to a pool without your better half is a nightmare. With the swim trainers, I have taken them to the pool once a week on my own all summer long. They keep my kids floating so that I can take turns playing with each child and help them develop some comfort/skills in the water. What does irritate me about the red one for my skinny younger boy is that, even fully inflated in all chambers, after about 25 minutes of swimming, it seems to ride up on him. That is the girdle feature that goes around his torso starts to creep upwards, and generally he appears to be sinking into the floatie. I instinctively, try to tug the thing down, but there is so much pressure holding it on so he can't fall out that you just can't tug it down. So, then I stop swimming, take the whole thing off, reposition it so it's not climbing up into his armpits, and resume swimming for another half hour or so, and then it's time to go home anyways. My older son doesn't appear to have the riding up problem, for him, the trainer just seems to twist around slightly to the left or right, and doesn't stay perfectly centered around him. He doesn't seem to care though. Also, I will say the trainer has helped my kids with kicking in the water, but it is still cumbersome for them to move their arms and paddle around the trainer. It's kind of like lying on a surfboard and paddling around the sides. They just aren't coordinated enough to do it yet. Also, my older boy's biggest problem is putting his face in the water, going under, etc. So, periodically we have to unbuckle the trainer to let him practice this skill as well. Generally, though, I like these trainers, I have found them a necessity when going to the pool, and my kids are pretty happy with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment