Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Grimm's Large 6-Piece Solid Wood RAINBOW Stacker - Nesting "Element" Sculptural Blocks

Grimm's Large 6-Piece Solid Wood RAINBOW Stacker - Nesting 'Element' Sculptural BlocksMy son received this toy from his grandmother for his first birthday and loved it. He and his four year old brother play with it everyday making towers, caves, mountains, fortresses, boats and beds. It is amazingly well made; it might be the only toy yet they haven't broken in their rough housing and even as small as it is it adds beauty wherever it is in our home. It might also be their only toy that they like as much now as when they received it.

I much prefer receiving one well made, beautiful toy that allows for open ended play than one hundred lesser items. It is better for a child's mind, building a peaceful home, and I might say for their character as well.

We purchased this toy on Amazon. I had seen these online when searching for wood toys for my one year old. The colors are bright and she really likes the toy. There are only two things that I would say are down sides for the toy. It is not the "weight" I thought it would be. The wood pieces are quite light...good for her being able to pick up and maneuver, but I'm afraid it might break if handled too roughly. And secondly it is not completely sanded on the inside. I thought they would be smooth, but ours are rough on the inner side of the arches which makes them a little difficut to slide into each other at least for a young child.

Overall I would buy it again.

Buy Grimm's Large 6-Piece Solid Wood RAINBOW Stacker - Nesting "Element" Sculptural Blocks Now

Very beautiful and colorful!! My one year old daugther loves it, she loves taking it apart and playing with each individual piece. Also a great decorative piece. Very durable, one of those toys we will keep forever!!

Read Best Reviews of Grimm's Large 6-Piece Solid Wood RAINBOW Stacker - Nesting "Element" Sculptural Blocks Here

The description says "The 6 pieces nested measure 6.75" wide x 3.6" high x 2.5" thick/deep (17.1 x 9.1 x 6.4 cm)." However, I just received mine and it is the "small" version.

The barcode that the rainbow is packaged in also says it is the LARGE, but I measured it (with measuring tape, to be exact), and it is only 4" wide x 2" high x 1.5" thick/deep. It is TINY! It almost fits in the palm of my hand. It is definitely NOT the same size as the rainbows shown in the photos.

I am extremely disappointed because 1: I paid extra to get the "large" version, and 2: this was supposed to be my little girl's birthday gift.

I don't know if it's amazon's mistake or the seller ("Natural Family Shop" Naomi T. Binkley), but I am sending it back immediately. Unfortunately, I can only get a refund instead of a replacement with the correct item. I'm so upset :(

Want Grimm's Large 6-Piece Solid Wood RAINBOW Stacker - Nesting "Element" Sculptural Blocks Discount?

My daughter just received this for her 3rd birthday and both she and my 6-year-old son LOVE it! There are so many ways to play with these stacking as a tall tower, trying to balance layers upside down, creating a snacking S shape, mixing in with regular building blocks (we have the Beka blocks made of Maple great set), using the orange and purple curves as tunnels for Brio trains (the other colors are too short for Brio), turning them into slides and bridges for dollhouse dolls (such as the Plan Toys wooden dolls). It is such a great, open-ended toy! Also the colors are bold and beautiful making you want to reach out and touch it to play. I now want to purchase more of these sets because they are so open ended and great for children of all ages. And I can see how multiple sets could be used together.

Save 13% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment