Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Duckymeter, the Baby Bath Floating Duck Toy and Bath Tub Thermometer

Duckymeter, the Baby Bath Floating Duck Toy and Bath Tub ThermometerUsed this thermometer for the first time tonight while bathing my son. The thermometer feels sturdy and reads accurately so far. It is automatically activated when it touches the water, which I thought was a great feature! I like how the background color changes three different colors (red, blue and green) to indicate whether the water is too hot, too cold or just right. Also the display is big, making it easy to read the temperature. Unlike other bath thermometers that I have purchased in the past, the batteries can be replaced by unscrewing the back. So far, I am very pleased with this thermometer and my son enjoys playing with it in the tub.

*4/20/2012: After 3 months, the ducky thermometer no longer turns off when it is completely dry. I contacted the seller via email and have yet to receive a response. Poor customer support.

Grandparents, mom, and dad were always arguing about whether the water was too hot or cold. This is pricey but in the end, it was totally worth it for us. Wish it had an off button. We've had it about 2 months now, still working, I will update it later after a few more months.

Buy Duckymeter, the Baby Bath Floating Duck Toy and Bath Tub Thermometer Now

When this was received, of course the first thing I wanted to do was test it out. Nothing happened when I placed it in water, so I opened it and replaced the batteries. YAY! It worked, showing 3 temperature colors as advertised. However, now it won't turn off at all! I guess I could use it as a night light too...but who wants to keep replacing the batteries, when you have to unscrew 8 miniature screws, and hope you don't drop one? I contacted the seller and got NO RESPONSE. It's going back, but I really want another one, so may take my chances. I can't find that it's available at any retail stores (Target, Walmart, Babies R Us), so I may have to hope the next one works.

Read Best Reviews of Duckymeter, the Baby Bath Floating Duck Toy and Bath Tub Thermometer Here

When we received our ducky meter, at first it didn't work at all. Rather than go through the hassle of returning it, we decided to try replacing the batteries. Then it *appeared* to work, instantly displaying a temperature reading when it hit the water, but our nanny noticed that it never registered a temperature higher than 77.8, no matter how hot the water felt. See the photo we've posted, showing the duck displaying 77.8 and a thermometer showing 109.3! DANGEROUSLY DEFECTIVE. Do not rely on this product to tell you whether your baby's bath water is at a safe temperature. Better yet, just don't buy it.

Want Duckymeter, the Baby Bath Floating Duck Toy and Bath Tub Thermometer Discount?

All young moms were suggesting to measure the water temperature with the elbow. I could tell that my baby did not like the elbow-measured temperature and after doing some research on the web and comparing few thermometers, I decided to purchase this Duckymeter. My decision criteria was to find something reasonably priced with good reviews and not made in China. It was no surprise that I could not find any thermometer that would fit my criteria and would not be made in China. Duckymeter is made in China, but at $13 there was nothing else out there.

It has two general parts the duck part and the thermometer unit itself; it is simply inserted into the duck. The two parts do not have to be together and I decided to only use the thermometer part because when together, the water gets trapped between the two parts and when trying to dry it, the trapped water keeps dripping out of the gaps.

Thermometer conveniently turns on automatically when it senses water. It measures fast and the color indication of the temperature is very convenient: the entire LCD display turns blue when the water is still too cold; red when too hot, and green when optimal, though I compared the accuracy with another kitchen thermometer and the results were 10 degrees apart. Not sure which one is more accurate, though, but my baby seems to like the Duckymeter-optimized water temperature, which is all that matters.

Save 63% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment