Sunday, March 30, 2014

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Fun with Friends Musical Table

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Fun with Friends Musical TableMy son is 9 months old and just received this toy as a gift. He LOVES it! It has a lot to entertain him with, and he just loves flipping the computer open and shut. He laughs every single time.

I like that it has a few different settings that include ABCs, music, an interactive real life sounds and Spanish with English translation. My only complaint about it is that it doesn't have a volume control like so many Fisher Price toys have!! However, I really haven't been too bothered by it, as the songs aren't very long and are actually rather cute. I find myself singing along with them frequently.

I love that the ABC setting includes numbers, too. Each individual number can be pressed on the telephone. My son also has the Leap Frog Learn and Groove Musical Table, but it doesn't have a lot of the different features this table has.

I would definitely recommend this toy, it's great.

My 9 mo boy has been playing with this every chance he gets since he was 7 mo. I also know the LeapFrog Learn & Groove(tm) Musical Table because my niece has it. I like this one better because it has a lot more going on. Both kids seem to like this one better if given their choice.

I put the legs on it immediately as he was already starting to lean on furniture, but as other reviewers note they are easy to take off (unlike the leapfrog), which is great for packing. It has been great to see him get more and more steady on his feet. He can now crab walk all around it to choose which toy he wants to use. It looks like great exercise and that is my favorite thing about the toy. of course, he fell backwards a few times while practicing his standing, but that's just in the nature of the toy: do not use unsupervised. Probably best used on carpet.

Others have complained that the computer closes hard and kids can get there fingers trapped. I have to say that although it makes a loud noise, it does not close with any force. Closing the computer with his hand in it seems to be one of my son's favorite things to do and he does it often with no indication of pain or injury. He just slides his hand right out and is in no hurry to do so.

Actually, the biggest problem is that he likes it so much it is sometimes hard to get him off it. When he does get off it and we start to get into a good game of peek-a-boo, it actually pipes up with "hey, I wanna play" and he actually leaves me to go play with it again. I guess there is a timer in it that makes it say this after it is inactive for about 30 seconds. Now I turn it off immediately when he gets off it so it will shut up. I also hide it from view for a few hours a day so that he will play with me, his other toys, visiting grandparents, etc.

Another gripe: the Spanish mode says everything in English first. Since he presses the buttons one after the other, he sometimes doesn't even hear the Spanish word. I don't understand why they need to translate everything from English, since he doesn't even speak English yet. Also, the songs are still in English. So it hardly speaks any Spanish at all. If it is very important to you that your child learn Spanish, the Leap Frog does it better.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with it. I think that it is helping him with walking. I have gotten more than my money's worth and highly recommend it.

Buy Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Fun with Friends Musical Table Now

My children (even the 5 and 3 year old) love this table. The songs are catchy, but if they start to get too annoying, you just switch the mode to something less noisy, such as the imagination mode where each button just makes a funny sound. In response to the first review about there being no volume control, there actually is a switch under the table that changes the volume from loud to soft.

Read Best Reviews of Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Fun with Friends Musical Table Here

My 10 month old received this as a gift, and she's very entertained by it. The different modes provide plenty of variety. However, like another reviewer experienced, the laptop toy is easy to catch baby's hands. My little one slammed the cover down on her hand and screamed. It's too soon to tell if this will be a recurring problem, but we're keeping a close eye on things. Another concern is that the table is so light that it slides around and tips over easily. We're going to have to buy a rubber mat or something similar to make this product safer to use. It's surprising to see so many safety issues, especially some obvious ones that would have been caught in product testing.

Want Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Fun with Friends Musical Table Discount?



My almost 10 month old son received this for Christmas from his grandmother. We were all excited about it as he loves to stand up and play. The tabletop activities immediately caught his attention. He loved it. I loved it. I was taking video to share with grandma. Within 5 minutes of it entering the play area, it tipped over on him twice, making him fall backwards with the table on top of him. (video is of first time) Fortunately he did not hit his head, but this toy will not be staying in our home. I don't want my son getting hurt because of the instability of this toy. I will be making contact with Fisher Price tomorrow.

Save 18% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment