Friday, March 21, 2014

Infantino Push, Crawl and Sort

Infantino Push, Crawl and SortThis is a pretty decent little toy. It was my 10-month-old son's first shape-sorting toy, and within a few days he had it all figured out. He carries the blocks around with him as much as he puts them in the sorter, but he definitely enjoys them. If you're buying it for the educational value of sorting the shapes, great. If you're buying it b/c it plays (actually sort of decent) music, don't bother. By the end of the first day it was getting iffy if it would play or not, now that it's two weeks old, it hardly ever does.

One word of caution my son can fit the blocks in his mouth. He's never shoved one all the way in, but there's potential for it. Would have liked to see them a little bit bigger. They do however have a small whole in the end of each which I'm guessing is for air flow "just in case." However, b/c of this, it's never a play-with-it-without-supervision toy.

I gave this toy a 3 star overall because of the lights. I had read reviews of this toy other places & it seemed great. But we got it yesterday & although the little plastic pieces that cover the lights are obviously different colors-there's a yellow one on there, as well as red, green & blue, they don't light up that way. They ALL light up red. And it's a fairly dim light, too. I thought maybe it was the batteries that came with it, so I changed them out with brand new ones but the lights are still all red. My baby is only 4 1/2 months old, so I took the shaped pieces away & will save those until he's older. I got the toy mainly to help encourage him to crawl and he does seem interested...but like I wrote, we've only had it one day so far. I like that when he gets older, it's also a shape sorter...one less toy to have to buy later. But really, the fact that the lights only light up red really is disappointing.

Buy Infantino Push, Crawl and Sort Now

No comments:

Post a Comment