Wednesday, March 26, 2014

VTech - Animal Friends Toddler Laptop

VTech - Animal Friends Toddler LaptopI purchased this laptop as an educational toy for my 20 month old son. I was looking forward to a beginner laptop-type of toy, since he loves computers. I was terribly disappointed when I got the laptop. It is VERY boring it makes the same annoying sound over and over again, and there is nothing engaging about the toy. It has 10 keys with little tiny animals on them that are so small that toddlers don't even recognize the animals. The only "objective" of the activity on the laptop is to watch a panda move around (very boring) and listen to a voice tell you that you just pushed the star, circle, and heart. There is a "game" in which the child is to push the (tiny) animal key and the screen displays the animal and counts up to the number on the key. However, it is done in a very slow, boring manner and cannot hold my son's attention at all. There is nothing fun about it at all, or educational. In between parts of the activities there is just quiet background music and nothing to do. My son has no interest in this toy because there is nothing at all to interest him in it. It is NOTHING like a beginner computer or laptop. The "mouse" on the right side just moves back and forth with really no purpose at all. The knob on the left just makes the panda move faster or slower and makes the music speed up and slow down. The screen on the laptop is so small that young children barely even notice it. My son doesn't seem to understand that the screen has anything to do with the buttons he is pushing, since it is so incredibly small.

I strongly suggest skipping this laptop and going straight to a more advanced one, such as one for a 3 or 4 year old. I regret very much that I didn't know enough to do this. This laptop will not teach your child how to use a computer and is in no way similar to a laptop computer. My 4 and 6 year old nieces have more realistic laptop computers designed for slightly older children, and my son just LOVES using these.

Please save your money! This is a very boring, useless toy. I hope I can save someone else from wasting their money on this.

We have had this laptop for about a year and a half and it has held up quite well. There is a molded elephant face on the lid when you close it and it is probably the cutest toy vtech makes. It has adorable animal graphics on screen as well as the Panda face that surrounds the screen itself. When the the child does not push a button for a while you see two large Panda eyes open, close, and wink on the screen instead, too cute! It introduces three shapes, three colors, ten different animals and numbers up to ten. It plays soothing music that is not very loud or irritating like many toys for this age group. There are fun games where the female or child-sounding computer voice asks for you to find a particular animal or shape and to press the right corresponding key. An easy to use paw-shaped mouse is used to help the animals catch a ball with your child's help. We bought it for our youngest daughter whom we nicknamed Panda and it tied in with a Panda birthday theme we did that year as well. She and her four year old sister still like the toy and play with it often. I definitely would purchase again!

Buy VTech - Animal Friends Toddler Laptop Now

I was so excited to get this for my son however when it arrived I was disappointed to find the screen is about 2"x2". You can barely see it. My son loves my computer so I was hoping to get him something that he would enjoy. Not so much.

Read Best Reviews of VTech - Animal Friends Toddler Laptop Here

No comments:

Post a Comment