Monday, April 28, 2014

Animal Planet 2-in-1 Backpack with Harness

Animal Planet 2-in-1 Backpack with Harness, MonkeyCute and 21mo old son loves it (only reason I'm giving more than zero stars), but we used it ONCE and the stitching at the bottom of the shoulder straps and also at the harness attachment ripped. He pulled on it hard once, I heard a noise, and sure enough, all of the important seams had come apart. This totally defeats the purpose of having a harness for a toddler on the go. If the kid can't pull on it without it completely ripping apart and him escaping, what's the point? Very false sense of security. My son likes it, and I do too, but only if it works. If I get a chance I may bring it to a tailor to reinforce the whole thing. Otherwise I'll have to return it.

With four kids, the oldest being 4 yo, we felt we could use a little help in corralling the family when we're out. I knew I wanted a leash but I wanted something that didn't make me look like some sort of control freak parent to others. I mean let's face it, when a kid doesn't want to be in a stroller anymore, no one wins by trying to keep him in there. So when I found a harness that looked like a stuffed animal, I knew this was exactly what I was looking for.

We used this with my daughter when she was 18 mo. She had been walking for almost a year already but we wanted to make sure we didn't lose sight of her when we're at a mall or zoo. She loved it and even her older brother, who just turned 3 yo at the time, loved holding the other end so they would walk together. It was actually very cute.

However, when we tried to use this with my third child when he was 18 months, this was outright dangerous. He would constantly pull and if you don't give in and move with him, he would fall forward and land on his face! We simply had to keep him in a 5-point belted stroller even when he would have a meltdown. With kids like that, there really is no great solution (he's not easy at home either).

In short, if you have a calm child, this might be perfect for you. However, if your child is a runner, this type of leash will not work since it pulls him from the back. Maybe something that straps to the wrist would be better.

Buy Animal Planet 2-in-1 Backpack with Harness Now

bought these for my twins and thank god i decided to try them out in the house first before outside! the tail (leash part) broke after probably 5 minutes and there's no way for me to fix it. the 2nd one also broke on the 2nd day in the house. not safe and i'm surprised they haven't been recalled. bottom line, i would never buy these again or recommend them to a friend!

Read Best Reviews of Animal Planet 2-in-1 Backpack with Harness Here

I ordered this so that my 18 month old son would be safe when I take him out for walks. The first time I use it, my kid tried to run away, the harness ripped from the backpack and my kid actually fell on his face on the ground. For a safety harness I expected it to be of a high quality, especially where the harness connects to the backpack but I was so disappointed.

Want Animal Planet 2-in-1 Backpack with Harness Discount?

We bought this for our recent vacation to help allow our 20-month old to walk or run around the airport but we could still keep her within arms reach.

We used it, literally, for less than an hour before it fell apart at the seams. First the loop on the tail broke after just a few minutes. I figured I'd just stitch it up when we got to our destination, no biggie. Our flights were delayed several hours and by the time we boarded the first flight the whole pack had simply come apart. The stitching at the bottom came undone so that the legs, tail (leash), and body all separated.

Perhaps it was from a bad batch. We ordered it months before the trip and just opened the package in the car on the way to the airport so she hadn't played with it or used it prior.

We purchased another brand at a local store while on the trip and it has held together and been handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment