Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Dr. Bloom's Chewable Jewels Bracelet and Necklace with Rectangle Slide, Chili Pepper Red

Dr. Bloom's Chewable Jewels Bracelet and Necklace with Rectangle Slide, Chili Pepper RedA big hit with my sensory seeking son. I bought the gamut of human chew toys for my son and this one, by far, was the winner. It's sturdy enough that his teeth aren't tearing it, yet flexible enough to give son the output he needs. 4 out of 5 stars due to the lame black cording. I wound up hooking the charm through a binder ring and then attaching that to a retractable keychain (2 bucks). My son just clips it onto the front of his pants and he's off to school.

I liked that there was a bracelet and necklace. The bracelet is too big for a young child, and can be easily lost. The material of the product was great,even though my daughter was able to chew through it. The biggest complaint is the necklace, it's very thin/cheap. There isn't a breakaway on it, and my concern was strangulation. I had planned on putting it on a breakaway lanyard, however the opening is far too small to put on much else.

Buy Dr. Bloom's Chewable Jewels Bracelet and Necklace with Rectangle Slide, Chili Pepper Red Now

My 9yo son is high-functioning autistic, and liked to chew holes in the collars of his shirts while doing his work at school. After several Google searches, we decided together that this would be the best alternative. The morning of the first day, I was worried about whether or not it would even last through the school day... the cord seemed flimsy, and while the jewel didn't, my son already has many of his adult teeth, and I wasn't sure he wouldn't just chew through it.

Fast-forward to the end of that day... when he came home, the cord was broken (though it did last until the bus ride home). His t-shirt, however, was unmolested, and his teacher even sent a note home about how chewing on the necklace seemed to help him focus in class.

We went to Michael's that evening and found a few different cords; we went through three rubbery ones before we tried a different one that seems that better, and has been holding up nicely. So definitely buy this thing if your kid needs it -it's worth it, even if you have to spend a little extra to find a cord that works for you.

Read Best Reviews of Dr. Bloom's Chewable Jewels Bracelet and Necklace with Rectangle Slide, Chili Pepper Red Here

No comments:

Post a Comment