Thursday, April 3, 2014

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Vacuum Cleaner

Fisher-Price  Laugh & Learn Learning Vacuum CleanerI like most of Fisher Price's Laugh and Learn products so I was very disappointed with this vacuum. I have similar complaints as the previous review:

1) The height of the vacuum is VERY short. My daughter is 20 months and on the short side. She almost has to bend over to use it already. I don't know how they market this for up to 3 years of age. It would definitely be too small for a 3 year old.

2) The big purple wheels in the back turn but there is this plastic molding that is in the shape of a wheel underneath the vacuum cleaner that doesn't turn at all. It just drags on the ground. So this would be ok if you use it on carpeting but on hardwood floor, it almost scrapes up the ground. I don't understand by they didn't make this front "wheel" actually spin too.

3) The vacuum doesn't stay upright! It's a pain to store because I have to prop it up with something. If i don't, it just lays on the ground and takes up a lot of space. Everytime my daughter is playing with it, she has to bend all the way to the floor to get to the handle.

4) There aren't many features to this at all. The only features are the on/off switch and the wheels/front part that spin and make music. There is this red knob and green spinning ball that do nothing at all.

5) I don't know why this is called "Laugh and LEARN". There is really no learning. They sing the alphabet so fast that I can barely keep up, let alone a 2 year old.

I haven't looked into any other toy vacuum cleaners but for the price of this, I would have expected it to do a lot more and have better features.

My husband and I, bought this vacuum cleaner for my nephew for his 1st birthday. He loved it and still loves it at 2 years of age. Whenever, I bring my son over who is the same age, the two of them always fight for this vacuum.

Others mentioned that the vacuum is too short for the their toddlers but not for our toddlers. Perfect size. It makes sounds and it sings. My nephew already knows the melodies. After one year of usage, none of the parts have broken.

Buy Fisher-Price  Laugh & Learn Learning Vacuum Cleaner Now

This vacuum is very cute and has realistic sounds along with its musical and learning modes. Two problems I have with it are:

1) It's REALLY SMALL. My daughter is 18-months-old, of average height, and the handle is a little higher than her waist. I couldn't tell this before I bought it because of the way the thing is packaged. Had I known, I might have opted for a different vacuum.

2) The handle doesn't stand up like a real vacuum, so the wheels always roll out to make it lay flat. Kind of a bummer, but I wish I could just store it in a corner like I do a real vacuum.

One good thing is that it has a volume control, so it's not that loud.

Read Best Reviews of Fisher-Price  Laugh & Learn Learning Vacuum Cleaner Here

Hi well, we love this product. who cares if it stands up? it actually never occurred to me to be a problem, but it seems important to others. The only reason I bought a vacuum is because my autistic then 3 year old (now 3 1/2)son and my then infant now 14 months were so afraid of the vacuum that I could not use it unless I hired someone to take them out of the house, or Daddy immediately took them out of the house as soon as he got home from work. The vacuum comes out ONLY when Mommy vacuums, and now after having this product since Christmas, my autistic son was vacuuming WITH ME and even banging up against my machine, he was that close. That is so so so cool I had tears in my eyes. They have learned how to help, how to value cleanliness, and how to conquer fear.

If your children are afraid of the vacuum, I highly recommend this product. The small size was PERFECT because my 3 year old was so much bigger than the product--this son is 20% over the 100th percentile mark for his height, and it was proportioned to his body the same as my big Dyson is to me, and I'm 5'4".

when Mommy's vacuum gets put in the closet, so does their vacuum. hooray for my brave boys! :)

Want Fisher-Price  Laugh & Learn Learning Vacuum Cleaner Discount?

I called Fisher Price this morning, the day after purchasing this toy and fearing it was broke. They informed me the reason it doesn't stand on its own is to prevent a child using it as a standing aid, which it is not built to do. This is a safety measure to keep children safe. A great feature on it is volume control. All toys with sound should have it. It is funny how similar the vacuuming noise is to my vacuum. So realistic it scares her in vacuuming mode, for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment