Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Green Toys My First Stacker, Colors May Vary

Green Toys My First Stacker, Colors May VaryThis is a great stacker. I love that there is no center pole. I bought a Melissa & Doug stacker and my (then) 11 mo old daughter immediately went for the center post...and I could see what was going to happen, and so now she has a set of wooden rings, with nothing to stack them on, since I confiscated the center post. Enter the Green Toys stacker, which has no center post and has a great design. For what it's worth, mine is not exactly like the picture. Our bottom "sombrero" is yellow, and our top is green. So the order of the colors may vary. (But ours does have the yellow/orange/blue/green color scheme like the picture.) The plastic is durable, and this toy is a good size. (Most wooden stackers I researched seemed to be very small.) You can't really go wrong with Green Toys. I love that it's made from recycled milk jugs and that it's safe (BPA, phalate, PVC free, etc.) It would've been nice to have a red or purple "ring", but all in all it's a fine toy.

Before I was a mom, I was an early childhood education professional for more than two decades. In that time, I saw a lot of stacking cups. These are the best by far. They are stable enough not to tip over when the child looks sideways at them, and they can be stacked in more than one way ("tip" down makes a wobbly but not falling-down stack). They roll beautifully. My son probably plays with this more than he does any of his toys. Other sets became bathtub toys quickly, this set is stacked and knocked down at least several times a day.

Buy Green Toys My First Stacker, Colors May Vary Now

We are making our best effort to purchase toys for our baby that are made in the USA (or more specifically not made in china). We were so happy to find the Green Toys line this toy is made in the USA of recycled milk jugs!

This stacker is cute, durable and fun! My son (8 months) loves playing with this knocking it over, banging the pieces together, picking up individual pieces. He has been playing with this for a few months and I know he will continue to enjoy it for many months to come as his motor skills, sorting skills & stacking skills improve. Another thing that I like ... this toy is also easy to wash and dry. Love this toy highly recommend!

Read Best Reviews of Green Toys My First Stacker, Colors May Vary Here

I had to take my at the time 10 mo old son to a dr's appt a long distance from home. We ended getting lost (thankfully we were 1 1/2 early!) and stumbled on an educational store. We waited for them to open and wandered around. I had been looking for a stacking toy and saw this toy. I liked the looks of it, so I got it. I ended up taking it into the appt with us, and my son played with it. (Yes, straight out of the box. I did not wash it, nor have I, in fact. GASP!) It did not have any discernable odor. It did not have any imbedded objects. My son loves it. I do wish it had one more color pair, to make the orange cap not as loose & to make it a bit taller, but that's just me. The sections remind me exactly of air hockey mallets.

The cap gets "lost" often, as one of my cats likes to play with it too. You probably won't have to worry about that, I'm just sharing that my "kids" of many species like it. LOL

Want Green Toys My First Stacker, Colors May Vary Discount?

When we received this product, we were surprised by the strong chemical smell that this product had. We washed it, and hoped the smell would go away in time, but the odor lingered.

No comments:

Post a Comment