Sunday, May 18, 2014

Little Tikes Push & Ride Racer

Little Tikes Push & Ride RacerMy daughter has definetely enjoyed pushing this car around and piling things on the seat and in the "doll" seat. I think it helped her learn to walk on her own, which is what prompted our purchase. She also likes climbing on, off, and over it. She is just starting to figure how to "ride" it herself (she knows how to and enjoys having me push her around on it.) The only thing this is missing is an inseat storage compartment. Kids love collecting and hiding things, and it seems there is plenty of space for a compartment--it doesn't need to be big. Although then the seat might not be as "ergonomic," that is if you could say it currently is. I think it would be a good idea anyway.

Assembly was easy enough for my husband, although it did take about 30 min--there are quite a few pieces that go into putting on each wheel. It'd be nice if the wheels were preinstalled but then the box would have to be a bit bigger, which isn't as economical, so consider your time spent an environmental service :)

this little tyke ride-on car was given to my oldest boy on his first b-day 2 years ago! he loved it and still loves it today! my two year old rides it now and loves it too! we were going to get one of those ride ons that makes noise and don't look as durable! we are so glad we chose this! its a winner! you cant go wrong w/little tyke brand!

Buy Little Tikes Push & Ride Racer Now

My son is almost one and I really want him to walk (not that I'm a pushy parent but I'm pregnant again and he's hard to carry around.) The minute my husband put this together my son went crazy! His eyes got big, his tounge came out, and he made giggly noises as he pushed it everywhere through the house. When he runs into something that causes him to stop he hollars out for help. Not only is it a cute sight to see, but I feel like he is learning balance and coordination too. Not to mention that he is now becoming aware of the three dementional world in which he lives. True, it's a simple toy with no bells and whistles but that's what makes it nice. You child is sure just to delight in their ability to get up and go!

Read Best Reviews of Little Tikes Push & Ride Racer Here

I bought this for my son, who has been crawling for 2 1/2 months and seems close to walking.

Pros: He loves it! This is a small, simple version of a push-toy/walker. It's great for apartment dwellers or folks who have limited space at home. It's small enough to fit well in my son's playspace, but large enough to support his weight. It's study, too he's a rough 'n tumble kid, and the car has held up very well. My sister and best friend also bought Push & Rides, and all are still in perfect shape after four years of enthusiastic play.

Cons: It's a pain to put together. The directions are all in pictures (whatever happened to using words in instructions??). I've assembled entire pieces of furniture with less frustration.

I'm including my addendum to the instructions for those who want a little more guidance:

Parts List:

K (small, black) and O (large, gray) are tools. You'll need them to tighten the nuts, but will throw them out after assembly.

M: red screws; G: white anchors; H: yellow endcaps

The rest of the parts list is clearly defined.

Instructions:

1-Pull the three metal bars out from the bottom portion of the car. You'll have two skinny bars (E) and one thicker bar (I).

2-Take one of the skinny bars (E), and hammer one end into a small nut (J). It's easiest to do this if the nut is on top of a sturdy block. Do the same thing with the other skinny bar. You'll end up with two bars (E), each with one nut on one end. You'll have two nuts (J) left over. Set the bars aside to use in instruction #4.

3-Put the white plastic hubcap into the indentation of the black wheel (do this with all four wheels).

4-Take the skinny bar (E). Next to the nut (J), add the wheel so that the white portion is touching the nut, then add a washer to the other side of the wheel. Put the bar through the holes as shown, so that it acts as an axle.

5-Once you have the bar (E) poking through the other side, add a washer and then a wheel. Now, you just need to add the last nut (J) to make sure the wheel stays on securely. Take the two small black capnut tools (K). Fit one capnut tool (K) over the nut that's already on the end of the skinny bar. Turn the car on its side, with the capnut tool (K) on the floor.

6-Put the other nut (J) on top of the exposed end of the skinny bar. Place the other small black capnut tool (K) on top. Bang on it a few times with the hammer until both nuts (J) are securely locked onto the bar.

7/8-Push the white plastic anchors (G) into place as shown.

9-Hammer the yellow endcaps (H) into the handlebars.

10-Hammer the thicker metal bar (I) into one of the the larger nuts (N).

11-Put the bar (I) into the blue car base and add red handlebars as shown.

12-Use the larger gray capnut tools (O) to hammer both nuts (N) onto the bar (I) securely.

13-Pop a beer: you're finished!

Want Little Tikes Push & Ride Racer Discount?

DON'T BUY THIS! It's horribly flimsy. It broke when we very carefully put it together. I then called Little Tikes to complain and was put on hold for twenty minutes until I gave up. Tried again later and this time after 10 minutes of hold music enter in my phone number for a call back. I then received a call back but was put on hold again for 10+ minutes!!! I finally spoke to an agent named Alison who was rude and threatened to hang up on me when I tried to explain my problem.

Just an awful company with ZERO customer service. Will never do business with them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment