Saturday, May 31, 2014

Melissa & Doug Deluxe Fish Bowl Jumbo Knob Puzzle

Melissa & Doug Deluxe Fish Bowl Jumbo Knob PuzzleThis is an extremely durable puzzle with pieces that fit well, but not too tightly, into their places providing an excellent challenge for my one-year-old.

My 15 month old daughter loves the large knobs on this colorful puzzle. Being fascinated with animals and aquatic life makes this puzzle a real draw for her. Although she struggles to get the pieces back in the puzzle due to her limited dexterity at this time, it doesn't deter her from playing with it at all! She has discovered that the pieces make great noise makers, too, when they are clapped together. The wood is a bit soft; so it will show indentations over time. However, it is holding up well so far... even through teething!

Buy Melissa & Doug Deluxe Fish Bowl Jumbo Knob Puzzle Now

This is great for a first puzzle. Between 11 and 12 months my daughter started becoming interested in putting items in boxes so I bought her some Melissa and Doug puzzles after doing my research (although some of these are made in china they undergo strict testing). The large wooden nobs are great for little fingers to grab and very durable.

Read Best Reviews of Melissa & Doug Deluxe Fish Bowl Jumbo Knob Puzzle Here

These pieces are fine unless your baby bites his/her toys--umm, every baby I know!--which may be why they are recommended for 2 year olds, but I am having trouble imagining what 2 year old would play with this boring puzzle. My daughter (10 months) likes it a lot, but she bit the head off the turtle in 10 minutes and now wants to gnaw the rest of the coloring off the other pieces. Sure, it's entertaining, but I don't want the printed paper in her tummy!

Want Melissa & Doug Deluxe Fish Bowl Jumbo Knob Puzzle Discount?

Just pulled this out of the box. Size and color are great for my 18 month old. But the puzzle is wrapped in a tight clear plastic, and I can see three places where the fish sticker is already peeling. (This is not painted!) And right next to the tag stating this is wood is a tear in the plastic where the pressed paper/pseudo-wood/possibly MDF material is pealing apart in about 15 layers. Not even opened or touched by my child and it's already coming apart. What a disappointment! I will be returning this immediately, unopened.

(And it's made in China in case you were wondering.)

Save 36% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment