Friday, May 30, 2014

VTech - Learn and Discover Driver

VTech - Learn and Discover DriverThis toy has limited interest for my son. I bought it for him when he was 18 mos (he is now 2). He occasionally plays with it for maybe 5 minutes at a time. If you put it on a smooth surface (table, hardwood floor) it slides around when he tried to turn the wheel or pushes/pulls the gearshift. Also it is very LOUD and I find the tone of voice kind of rude: On the horn: "out of the way", on the gas button "fill er up" but the tone of voice isn't nice it sounds like a rude little kid demanding that he be listened to....NOW. Except for the police button which says "slow down little fellow" the rest of them sound like spoiled brats! Not recommended.

At first glance it seemed to be the perfect gift for a baby with a thing for all things wheels and musical. AND normally I really trust the Vtech name so I didn't look at the item too closely prior to buying it. But it didn't take long for me to realize what a mistake I made. Yes, he likes it very much and uses it well, and it performs well etc. However, I will agree that there is NOTHING nice about how the voices speak or what they say and I would never think that I would have such a 'prudish' view on a baby toy! But it is rude, it is obnoxious and I don't like the message if you can say that there is one I mean they could have had much more endearing snippets. There is little education in it really and the songs are short the lyrics to the ABC song is half cut out?!?!? I could do without having education in a toy but that coupled with the bad attitude I have one thing to say "Outta' my house"

The older version of this toy is MUCH better with friendlier voices and helpful 'neighbors'. Vtech should go back to the old version.

Buy VTech - Learn and Discover Driver Now

I bought my son this driver when he was about 7 months old. At first he loved it. It makes all sorts of entertaining sounds for a baby. His favorites were the shifting sounds which he could easily activate (by moving the gear shift). He also loved the radio button especially when it played "Are you driving" (it is the brother john tune). While my son loved the noises this thing makes, I find that they can get very annoying, especially since the low volume is very loud.

After a few months, my son lost interest in this toy. He still plays with it occasionally, but it is no longer a favorite. At almost a year, he still never actually "drove" the toy. Perhaps once he learns to do this, he will regain interest in it. When the wheel is turned, the rollers spin. When they stop, the toy says one of three phrases about the pictures that show up. For example, "green square", "two bees" or "b is for bee" is said when the roller shows a picture with two bees and a green square. This could be educational once my son gets a little older.

One thing my son did learn to do pretty quickly was turn the toy on and off. The switch is sort of like a key in the ignition. It is very securely attatched though. I like that it is easy to turn so that my son can work it by himself. Most toys I have to start for him. Overall, I think I got my moneys worth. $15 dollars is a decent price for a few months of daily entertainment, even if my son never takes to it again.

Read Best Reviews of VTech - Learn and Discover Driver Here

I'm sad to see this toy getting such poor reviews. Yes, it does say "get out of the way" and "slow down little fella", but my DAUGHTER still loves it. The volume control on the bottom is loud and louder, and that's definitely a negative for me of course it doesn't bother my toddler. But all in all, this toy has been great. It's been well-loved and still works like new. My toddler loves to drive, and this toy has kept her interest for over a year. Just because it's not specifically designed for education doesn't mean there's nothing to be gained. We make it educational by naming the animals, shapes, numbers, letters and colors on the toy. We also sing the songs on the "radio" my child has gotten so good at it, that she can hit the button in rapid succession to get to the song she wants. Fun toy!

Want VTech - Learn and Discover Driver Discount?

This toy is really rude! It says "Outta the way" and other very rude phrases. I can't believe anyone would produce a toy like this and think it was okay. This toy got a home at the bottom of a garbage can.

Save 8% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment