Sunday, July 13, 2014

Fisher-Price Grow With Me Sit-to-Stand Scooter - Pink

Fisher-Price Grow With Me Sit-to-Stand Scooter - PinkWe just purchased 2 scooters for our 2 and 3 year old girls. I wanted scooters that had 2 wheels in front and one behind since they are a little more stable and they are less likely to trip on the single wheel in the back. Overall, the toy is pretty good, but I like the Radio Flyer My First Scooter better if you are only interested in having a scooter. This one also has the ability to be a ride along toy, so you get two in one if you buy it early enough. We have plenty of similar ride on toys, so we only wanted it as a scooter. You cannot easily switch between the scooter and rideon because you have to do something to the handle and turn the wheel over (requires a screw driver).

In watching my girls ride them both, the radio flyer is more stable. The foot area of the Flyeris a little wider in the front so it is easier to put their feet on and the wheel in the back is a little more narrow so less tripping. This one has a longer foot riding area and it has slightly taller handles so if your child is older or taller, it might be a better choice. The handle on this scooter wiggles which I don't like, but my kids wiggle it to move around a little and to get going down hills. For a family that needs two scooters that are similar, but different it is an excellent choice. Or if you are buying it early enough so you can use it both ways it would be good. But, if I could only have one, I'd get the radio flyer My First Scooter. Just my opinion. You are certainly entitled to your own.

The price was amazing. The colors are vibrant. It is so easy to put together. Our 15month old granddaughter sat on it and stood on it, but as yet has'nt scooted on it, but just the sitting and standing was fun to watch. It converts easily , so as she gets the hang of it......... it really will be a 1,23 scooter!!!

Buy Fisher-Price Grow With Me Sit-to-Stand Scooter - Pink Now

Looks just like picture and of very good quality. I think baby will enjoy for the next couple of years. And the price was good as well.

Read Best Reviews of Fisher-Price Grow With Me Sit-to-Stand Scooter - Pink Here

We purchased this because in theory it is a great concept -eliminates the need to buy a number of vehicles for your growing toddler. Large wheels and sturdy design all looked attractive.

The big problem is the extremely wide turning circle. Steering is limited to the point that you need a small warehouse to use the product without having to pick the scooter up and move the scooter around. This causes unnecessary frustration in what should be a basic and fun toy. As a result, our toddler prefers riding her much older brother's PlasmaCar. The wide front wheelbase is also a bit difficult for her to drag around and it seems like there would be a better diesng in this

The steering feels extremely flimsy and has a bit of stiction, but our toddler doesn't complain about those aspects.

For the price I was expecting a much more solid and usable product.

Want Fisher-Price Grow With Me Sit-to-Stand Scooter - Pink Discount?

My Twin girls who just turned two, got these as a gift. I'm using them as ride-ons for now. I find them very durable & very quiet. Which is good for me because we have tile flooring through out the house. The only problem I would say I have right now is that my twins are about 20-22lbs and around 31-32 in. tall. I find these as ride ons very big for them. The scooter is very long and they have to sit right up close to reach the handle bars, which then the handle bar is level with there mouth. They have a hard time trying to steer them because they are long but overall they do love them.

Now I followed the instuctions just like they said in the book but for some reason my handle bars are nothing like the picture Fisher Price shows for a ride-on. My handle bars are a lot taller. I looked at the picture from Fisher Price and there is nothing I can do to get my handle bars as short as theres.

They are easy to put together but I do find the handle bars a little loose no matter how tight you get the screws.

Save 15% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment