Friday, July 18, 2014

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Cookie Shape Surprise

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Cookie Shape SurpriseMy son received this toy as a gift for his first birthday. He loved putting the shapes in through the top of the jar and taking them back out, and loved being able to take the lid on and off. The music is cute, too. However, now that he is a little older (almost 15 months) and ready to really sort the shapes, he gets frustrated trying to fit the correct shapes into their corresponding holes. The shapes are too big for their holes, which makes it a very tight squeeze. In order for me to fit, say, the star shape into the star hole, I have to hold the cookie jar tightly with my other hand and really forcefully push the shape through. There is no way my son could do that on his own, which he finds frustrating. Although I think this toy was a cute idea and is fun to use when just putting shapes in and out the top, I think it really should be redesigned to work better as a shape sorter...

I have been searching for a shape-sorting toy for my 16-month old daughter. I chose this one because it had good reviews and because I found it in a local store (no shipping charges!). However, after playing with it for a few minutes, I realized that the shapes are very hard to fit into their respective holes, especially the square. Also, it seems that they can only go in one way, with the embossed-number-side facing in; otherwise, it is even harder to push them in. And, even when you line them up just right, the block sort of "catches" on the button that causes the corresponding song, and you have to put in some real effor to push the block in. I can only imagine how frustrating this must be to a baby just learning to shape sort he/she finally gets the shape right, but can't manage to push it all the way in. Furthermore, even though this is a cute toy, I showed it to my baby for just a minute and she didn't even bother to try to play with it. It, along with the Fisher-Price Stride to Ride Lion, is not one of Fisher-Prices's best creations.

Buy Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Cookie Shape Surprise Now

We bought this toy for my oldest daughter 4 or 5 years ago. She loved this toy so much that we have gotten a new one for our baby. The shape sorter is a great learning tool and she likes to take the lid off and put it back on by herself. But her favorite thing about this toy is the music!!

Read Best Reviews of Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Cookie Shape Surprise Here

My kids both like this toy putting the shapes in and out of the top but I have the same problem as the other reviewer,,,the shapes on mine are WAY too tight to fit thru the shaped holes easily. It is hard for me to do and unless they are lined up exactly it will not work at all. Impossible for any toddler to do. Maybe this issue is not on all of them as other people do not seem to have the problem but overall I am VERY disappointed and will probably be donating this toy to good will next time I go! Fisher Price usually makes good toys but this one in my opinion is not.

Want Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Cookie Shape Surprise Discount?

I almost didn't buy this because of the review that stated it was hard to get the shapes in. But, I really wanted to have a shape sorter from the Laugh and Learn line, so I tried it.

This toy is great! Has darling songs, and my 1 yr old son has learned to get the shapes in the right spots without any problems, and the shapes go in easy and without any of the problems the other reviewer had.

One of the best features is the cookie jar lid. It helps keep the pieces inside, perfect for easy clean up! This has been one of my sons favorite toys this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment