Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Fisher-Price Sesame Street Elmo Knows Your Name Cell Phone

Fisher-Price Sesame Street Elmo Knows Your Name Cell PhoneWe bought this phone for our 6 month old despite the age rating of 18 months. I think we wanted it more than he did! It's really easy to program your child's name into it. It took me about 5 minutes. (I do recommend that you go onto FisherPrice.com and double check that your child's name is available in Elmo's data base.) Our son LOVES this toy and we have since given it to two of his friends as gifts. They love it too! The toy is not overly loud like alot of his other toys so it's great for restauraunts, airplanes and other places that your child might need entertainment.

How hard is it to put NOT MAC COMPATIBLE on the box and how hard is it to MAKE IT mac compatible? HEllo....

Buy Fisher-Price Sesame Street Elmo Knows Your Name Cell Phone Now

No fewer than 4 adults and 2 computers were used trying to get this thing to say some other name than "Michael" I see others had the same problem. After my husband and I both tried it, and the download said "100% successful" a million times, we gave it to my cousin to try it on her computer, thinking maybe it was a problem with mine. She tried it and the same thing. She finally took it back to the store, thinking it was defective, and got a new one. The new one did it too. After we all were ready to throw it through the window, it was discovered that there is some kind of tab you have to pull out of it in order to activate it. NOWHERE in the detailed instructions does it tell you this (we kept it in the box because we were going to wrap it back up for Christmas. Apparently you have to take it out of the box). PLEASE put this little detail in the instructions!!! This is why I gave it 2 stars the kid hasn't even seen it yet just based on the difficulty on programming.

Read Best Reviews of Fisher-Price Sesame Street Elmo Knows Your Name Cell Phone Here

I can connect the phone to my computer and have it recognized. I can click and get a 100% complete message downloading and installing the name, but it never does. I never get the name I downloaded. I've called tech support a number of times. They ask the same lame questions, did I plug the phone in using the USB cable, did I download the name I wanted, did I have the exe file on my computer, did I right click or double click the file, did I have the Elmo icon and how did I click on that. All the time I did tell them I was able to launch the software. When the phone wasn't connected it saw that the phone was not connected. When the phone was connected, it showed the download progress bar and then said it was 100% successful, but it never said the name I downloaded. I found the name on their web site, clicked on it, played it to be sure it was the right name and then downloaded it FIVE times, in different places, incase it was corrupted. Installed it in different places incase there was a corrupt file on the computer, changed the batteries in the phone, took the phone apart to be sure there was no try me tab broken off. It never worked. What a lot of trouble for nothing. I spent over an hour on the phone and another couple hours on my own trying to get this thing working properly... no luck.

Want Fisher-Price Sesame Street Elmo Knows Your Name Cell Phone Discount?

Ok, after reading the reviews regarding the phone being stuck in demo mode, I took mine apart and looked at it.

Looking at the back of the phone on the bottom right, there is a small slot where the demo tab goes in. If you remove it, you SHOULD be able to program it with your kid's name. If that's not the case, take out all the screws (and the batteries) and open the phone. across from where that slot is, there is a tiny white switch, that flips depending on whether or not the tab is in. Using a small screwdriver (or something similar) toggle it to the left (against the case). That should do it!

If not, flip it back and forth until it "springs" against the case. You'll then be able to plug it in and program it.

No comments:

Post a Comment