Saturday, July 5, 2014

LeapFrog Lettersaurus

LeapFrog LettersaurusYou can program the toy to say "That's the first letter of your name!" when they click on the corresponding letter. Cute!

Here are the instructions from the website to personalize the toy:

1. Turn off the toy

2. Hold down the "L" and "M" buttons simultaneously while turning the toy back on.

3. Follow the audio to enter the first letter of your child's name.

My son received Lettersaurus as a gift many months ago. He loves the toy now as much as he did when he first opened it. He certainly has his favorite songs but, generally, he tends to listen to nearly every song available (of which there are 27). What is most remarkable is that he continues to return to this toy time and time again. I must say that I am a bit puzzled by some of the critical comments. Surely, touching the top if the head does invoke the ABC song. I assume this is by design since the Lettersaurus's crown is a button, and, yes, pressing it does invoke content. As for the "Exit" for X comment, perhaps this parent isn't familiar with the teaching of phonics. Exit is one of several words that precisely express the sound of the letter X. A cursory search of your friendly internet would make this clear if you hadn't already learned this on your own. I guess you can teach the children but who is going to teach the parents?

In any event, I see no decline in my son's interest in this toy and consider it one of the staples of his (considerable) collection of learning toys.

Buy LeapFrog Lettersaurus Now

This is a great toy that will engage and entertain your kid, while teaching phonics the RIGHT way.. my son stays engaged with it and like to play and listen to all the sounds and songs. There is a LOT in this toy, once you get it out of the box lots to explore, lots of education, lots of fun... I highly recommend it if you're looking for something with great educational content for your kids!

Read Best Reviews of LeapFrog Lettersaurus Here

Bought this for my 14 month old granddaughter and she loves it. I love LeapFrog products and have been purchasing them since my kids were young. The are great for helping little ones get that boost they need down the educational highway. I would highly recommend parents to make the invest in their child's future and purchase LeapFrog products.

Want LeapFrog Lettersaurus Discount?

My 16 month-old loves this toy. She loves hearing the ABC song and dancing to it. I like that on the song mode, there are 26 unique songs and they are surprisingly pleasing melodies for a children's toy. I also like that there's a letter and color setting to mix things up a bit.

But I'm pretty sure our Lettersaurus is past his prime. We've had issues with him from day one. Sometimes, my daughter will be in the middle of playing with him and he'll just start making this obnoxious steady beep which only goes away if you turn him off then back on. Lately, he sounds like he's gagging at times, "ruh ruh ruh ruh ruh ruh ruh ruh". I checked the batteries, which are fine. I find that letting it sit and "cough it out" (aka sit there and make obnoxious noises for minutes by itself) usually remedies the problem for the a while.

I do have to give this toy some credit, though. He's always getting dropped and thrown on our hardwood floors and he's still in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment