Sunday, July 13, 2014

Little Mommy: Your Childs First Doll - Pink shirt and pink-striped pants

Little Mommy: Your Childs First Doll - Pink shirt and pink-striped pantsMy three-year-old has had this doll since she was about 19 months old. She had been sleeping with a random baby doll in her crib for a while, but we didn't think much about it until we took a trip. We didn't bring a doll. The first night, she cried all night long--"Baby, baby, baby." It was pathetic. The next day I took her to the store to find a baby for her. When we entered the baby doll aisle, she was ecstatic. "Baby! Baby! Baby!" She was excited by all of them, but when she saw this one her reaction was different. A gasp followed by a serious, solemn, "Baaaay-beeee..." while desperately reaching for it. She tried to hug it, still in the box, all the way to the checkout. After paying I went to the customer service counter to borrow scissors so I could get it out of the box for her right away!

This doll has been her constant companion ever since. She won't go to sleep without it, and doesn't like to leave the house without it. It is very, very slightly scented, just a faint baby powder smell, which is kind of nice. You can't smell it unless you're holding it really close to your face. It doesn't do ANYTHING, which actually means that it CAN do anything since she can use her imagination! The doll's mouth is slightly open which she loves, since it lets her give it a bottle or pretend to feed it. The doll's body is very soft and squishy (huggable), and it has "beans" in its bottom which helps it sit up. It doesn't sit well on its own, but it at least helps keep it upright in a doll's highchair or stroller. The head, arms and legs are a soft plastic and are very well attached to the cloth body. It's just the right size for a little one to hug, hold and take care of. The doll's body isn't really showing any signs of wear. A bit of the "paint" has come off the face on the upper lip where I think my daughter rubbed the face into the wall (while sleeping, or supposed to be) too many times.

The clothes (hers came in a pink and white sleeper) have gotten kind of ratty after all this time. I have machine-washed them many times and they come through okay, but they've now gotten kind of pilled and the velcro doesn't hold so well anymore. I swear I saw clothes for this doll at the store not long ago, but haven't been able to find them recently. Wish I'd gotten them when I saw them!

This is an absolutely perfect doll for a little one. There are lots of accessories for it now, too. If we didn't already have a different doll highchair and stroller I'd get the Little Mommy ones so they'd fit the doll perfectly. It doesn't sit up well in the highchair we have, as it's made for bigger dolls. I think my daughter will probably continue to play with (and sleep with) this doll for several more years, and I think the doll will hold up to anything she can do to it. I just hope I can find some more clothes for it!

Edited: it's now a year and a half later, and "Baby" is still going strong and is still my daughter's favorite and constant companion.

My daughter (15 months) literally started running in place with excitement when she opened this baby doll, which was a gift from my best friend. I've NEVER seen her react like this to any gift. My daughter has continued to bring this baby doll around with her everywhere--usually she just ditches her toys and plays with the tupperware. The doll has a soft, squishy body that makes her cuddley despite the fact that she has, as my husband is constantly saying, "a hard plastic head."

Buy Little Mommy: Your Childs First Doll - Pink shirt and pink-striped pants Now

We have been Little Mommy doll fans for several years now! My 4.5 year old has two that she won't share with anyone and still plays with on a regular basis. We got this particular doll for my youngest's daughter's first birthday and she's already a hit! I just find these dolls very sweet and charming and built to last, perfect for a toddler's first baby doll!

Read Best Reviews of Little Mommy: Your Childs First Doll - Pink shirt and pink-striped pants Here

My little girl received this doll at age 14 months and it was her favorite right away. Now at 20 months she plays with her every day and loves her so much. One of the best purchases I've made so far. My only complaint would be that the clothes are really worn out after only a few washings, but I did find clothes at my local toys r us for 5 dollars per outfit. Other than that, no problems with this doll. Can't beat the price!

Want Little Mommy: Your Childs First Doll - Pink shirt and pink-striped pants Discount?

There was no photo of this doll online when I purchased it, which made me wary, but I bought it anyway. It's very cute and the clothes are removable. It comes with a little headband, too. If you'd like to see a picture of this doll (if there's still not one on the listing), check out the Little Mommy Bath Baby. It looks like the same doll. I paid $10 and it was definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment