Monday, August 11, 2014

Juno Baby - Way to Go, Juno!

Juno Baby - Way to Go, Juno!My almost two-year-old daughter is somewhat picky about what she will watch on tv, and we limit her viewing each week, so when we received this I was a little skeptical. However, she loved it from the beginning. There are several fun puppet characters, catchy tunes, and toddler-appropriate short stories. There are also messages about being brave and trying new things, from broccoli to haircuts. This is a DVD that I don't mind letting her watch during tv time, because it does seem to be well-designed for toddlers and isn't just another annoying cartoon. Even after watching this repeatedly, this is still one of her favorite DVD's to choose. She is even requesting broccoli and tomatoes for lunch! We also downloaded some of the music from itunes to play in the car, and it makes long car rides much easier. I am actually looking on here to find some more Juno Baby items for her birthday I know they will be a big hit.

Let's be honest....a lot of children's music can just be irritating to adult ears after the first few minutes of listening! Juno really is quite the opposite, I found myself bopping right along to the music and enjoying it as much as the children did. This is a great addition to your collection of children's music.

Buy Juno Baby - Way to Go, Juno! Now

I gave this to my 2 yr old grandson who loved this. We (granny, too) watched the DVD all the way through and then he wanted to watch it again. I was pleased to see that he enjoyed it and the 2nd time around he was humming along, and I'm sure with another time or two of watching, he will be singing along.

This is the first Juno baby DVD my daughter or I have seen, but my daughter was impressed and said she was going to look for more. We both liked the fun songs, loved the "Broccoli song". I would recommend this to parents with toddlers.

Read Best Reviews of Juno Baby - Way to Go, Juno! Here

Some of you might "get" my title from an old SNL clip if I remember correctly but my point is that it is not often that something comes along to make broccoli entertaining. Thank goodness something did come along by the time I had little ones. This is worth the price just for the broccoli song but there is more, much more and its all good. Wonderful alternative to some of the more annoying baby and kid fare for sale these days.

Want Juno Baby - Way to Go, Juno! Discount?

My three-year-old absolutely loves the Juno series, so I figured he would enjoy Juno Baby Way to Go Juno! It turns out that he was actually familiar with quite a few of the songs from clips on YouTube, which have the common theme of overcoming your fears, from fear of getting a haircut to fear of eating broccoli. Unlike the Juno Jr. videos this Juno Baby video is quite basic there's very little CGI and not much in the way of a navigational menu. None of this matters to my son, who is even crazier about this video than the Juno Jr. version.

There's just one nitpick. At the very end of the video, Juno asks the Caterpillar if he has any fears he'd like to overcome, and he indicates he's afraid of nothing. Then a spider appears and he runs away screaming. The end.

There's really no reason to be afraid of spiders, and the subtlety of the joke (see, uptight Caterpillar WAS afraid of something!) is lost on preschoolers. It's not funny, it just reinforces a fear of bugs that's unnecessary and surprisingly out of tune with the rest of the show's excellent message.

But my son still really loves this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment