Friday, August 15, 2014

Kel-Gar Kid's Sun Dome

Kel-Gar Kid's Sun DomeKel Gar would be wise to include instructions for folding the tent with the product. For those who, like me, struggled putting it away for the first time I've included a video. (It's surprisingly difficult to explain in words) The tent worked fine on a calm day but a modest breeze caused it to fold. The zipper on the bag failed after a couple of uses.

We bought this sun dome last summer and have found many uses for it. It's great for outdoors perfect for naps, play time, and it has a large enough opening you can even breastfeed inside with just your legs sticking out. It's really well ventilated, in addition to being a great solar ray blocker. We even use it inside for playtime and my daughter loves it. It bends and folds to fit into a flat circular carrying case. It takes a couple times of packing it away to get the hang of it. But other than that, it's well worth the money if you plan on being outdoors with your little one.

Buy Kel-Gar Kid's Sun Dome Now

I live near the beach and thought that this would be a great thing to have for my daughter. The first time I used it the dome was so flimsy it completely blew over my daughter while she slept in it. The second time the pole snapped rendering it useless. The customer service at Kelgar was unhelpful and unapologetic.

Read Best Reviews of Kel-Gar Kid's Sun Dome Here

DANGER!! We've been through two of these in two summers and both times a rod snapped, cutting through the fabric, making the product dangerous. The first time my son was an infant and we caught it right away. This time my son was injured! I also gave one as a gift my sister in law around the time we initially purchased the product for our son and she had the same problem. After 3 uses she had to throw it away. I was able to exchange mine the first time, but this time I was told to contact Kel-Gar directly. Kel-Gar claims there is nothing they can do and will not work with us. Very frustrated and would encourage buyers to look at different companies and products.

Want Kel-Gar Kid's Sun Dome Discount?

After reading all the negative reviews on this item I had to post a positive one because I LOVE THIS TENT! My husband and I live in Hawaii and I take my 1 1/2 year old to the beach at least once a week. We have been using this tent since he was 5 months old. This tent is very easy to use and keeps my son nice and shaded. The mesh sides allow air to flow throughout thus, keeping it cool. I always fill the side pockets with sand and then place a lunch box or small bag of toys inside for extra stability. You do need to be conscious of wind and sun direction but, when set up at the right angle, this tent is great! It is NOT that difficult to fold (there are instructions!) and it is light and VERY portable. I would recommend this tent to anyone who spends lots of time at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment