Thursday, November 21, 2013

Chicco 4-in-1 Ride-On Car, Orange

Chicco 4-in-1 Ride-On Car, Orangethis car is the new updated version of the original red chicco quattro:

Pros:

+ my son likes this car even though I don't, but I guess that's whats most important

+ very easy to assemble (this is coming from someone who sometimes gets others to help assemble bar stools from ikea!!).

+ overall, it's a very basic, barebones, practical ride on car

+ possibly good for a walker when my son can walk on his own. right now he can only take a few steps by himself before falling. the plastic is much too light, I can imagine it tipping over if my son were to use it now. the only way to solve this was to put a very heavy toy inside this small compartment underneath the seat.

Cons:

The price is not worth the quality. I am willing to pay up to $200 for a 4-in-1 Ride on Car (like the Trike Bike), but DO NOT pay for over $100 for this car. I would say given the quality, pay about $50 the most. it's made of very lightweight, cheap plastic. It even wobbles a bit from side to side when you push it without the kid. (and yes, we are 100% sure we assembled it correctly).

the seat belts are flimsy and thinner than pictured on all the websites I have seen that sells this car.

the side bars are also flimsy. again, very lightweight plastic. both a blessing and a curse. great cause it's light weight so it's easier to push, but a nightmare if you have a kid that won't sit still or if your kid is above 85 percentile in weight and height.

colors are not as portrayed. the colors are not bright and shiney as portrayed. The colors are muted pastel oranges and blues. even the white part is not shiny but muted white. Not that it's important, but it would be a great plus for it to have brighter colors given that I paid over $100 for it.

the side bars lock the steering wheels: both good & bad. good so your child won't take complete control of the wheel. bad since even adults cannot turn the wheels right or left once the side bars are on. you can only go straight. it's either the child controls the steering or no one does.

cheap plastic wheels: which is fine with me since most 4-in-1 ride ons use plastic wheels. but these are probably the worse out of the bunch for usage outdoors.

*buy this car only if you find a cheaper price. If you pay above $50, you won't be satisfied even if your child loves it.

** also I can understand no 4-in-1 ride on car is perfect, (I have read reviews on other ones), but I am willing to accept flaws and drawbacks given the price matches the quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment