Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Edushape Corrugated Blocks, Set of 84 toys

Edushape Corrugated Blocks, Set of 84 toysRight at the start I want to make clear that these blocks appear to be good quality and sturdy. I played with similar when I was young and they were always one of my favorite toys. They do take a lot of time to fold up. I'm buying these for my first grandchild. The disappointment is in the number of different sizes. Of the 84 blocks, 16 are large, 16 medium and 52 small. This is not advertised *anywhere* that I was able to find, including on the Edushape website itself. I decided to take the chance anyway, but just be aware that you are buying the equivalent of 37 large blocks. From my childhood I remember that the big blocks were the most used, so it is too bad that so few big blocks are in this set. It clearly costs almost nothing extra to manufacture the large vs small blocks, and I would much rather have more big than small blocks. Beyond that, these type of blocks are one of the best toys a kid can grow up with, and these particular blocks are the size I remember (some of the other sets available from other manufacturers are much smaller the big blocks should be 12x6x3 inches).

The cardboard boxes are easy to assemble and you don't have to worry about your children getting hurt by them. My 2 year old just likes to knock them down all the time. I think they are better for 3 year olds and up. My daughter doesn't play with them because of my younger son always knocking them down. It has potential of creative play. This set is perfect, no need to buy another one like I did. If you do, try to stick with the large blocks only, because the little ones are more of a nuisance. A few little ones are fine, can pretend that they are car ports, etc.

Buy Edushape Corrugated Blocks, Set of 84 toys Now

My son stands on these. He weighs 40 lbs and they don't even buckle yet. There are enough in this box of 84 to create a masterpiece. Took some time to fold them all up into blocks but well worth it. We stack them against the wall in the play room and makes the room look nice and colorful!

Read Best Reviews of Edushape Corrugated Blocks, Set of 84 toys Here

My 3 year old is having a field day with the blocks! It really is light but quite "heavy duty". A couple of negatives: 1-a few of the edges are sharp. My 10 month old loves to put things in her mouth and once in a while sneaks towards the blocks and gets her mouth on one. Probably why not recommended for babies! 2the ratio of smallest to largest blocks could be a little better. I think there might be 12-16 large, 24? medium and the rest are the small blue blocks. Other then that a fun toy.

Want Edushape Corrugated Blocks, Set of 84 toys Discount?

We have a set of American-made corrugated blocks, and we love them. We wanted more bricks for more fun. I bought these thinking it was the same set, but it's not. These are Chinese knock-offs (as are the Melissa & Doug), and the quality is inferior. (Amazon should really list country of origins just as packages are required to do.) The cardboard is lighter quality. Worse, the printing is glossy, not matte, which sounds like nothing except that the added smoothness destabilizes a kid's construction.

The block mix is HEAVILY skewed to the small blocks, which kids don't really like or use anyway, so the block count is a bit bogus. (Honestly, kids only use the small ones when they're out of the big ones in my ample experience.)

My advise is to look for the real ones. I think ImagiBricks is the US-based company, but it's worth double-checking.

You could do worse than these bricks even bad blocks are better developmentally than no blocks at all but you could do a whole lot better too.

Save 17% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment