Sunday, July 21, 2013

BuckleyBoo BuckelyCat 18" Blue

BuckleyBoo BuckelyCat 18' BlueWe love this toy. My little girl is obsessed with buckles. Whenever she gets the chance, she buckles up whatever she can (stroller, high chair, car seat), so we thought she'd like a toy that she can buckle up like crazy. No luck with puzzle-type toys. This was a lucky find! It's a great size, huggable, and really cute and soft. It's just stimulating/interactive enough without being overwhelming. I balked at paying 30 bucks for a toy, but I think this one's worth it, for a kid who LOVES buckles.

I purchased this when my daughter was into buckling everything. I'd find everything and anything with buckles, buckled by my daughter throughout the day. I'd go to set my baby down in his bouncer, to find it already buckled...same with the highchair, car seat, swing, etc...so she was REALLY into it. I thought this would be perfect for her, and she did love it. The only problem, she wasn't nearly as into UNbuckling as she was buckling, so even to this day, I'm always having to unbuckle it for her. Same with my son who is now also into buckling everything. For some reason, they don't seem to be able to unbuckle it. But they both really like this toy and it's lasted for kid #2. Huge plus!

Buy BuckleyBoo BuckelyCat 18" Blue Now

I gave this to my granddaughter about 6 weeks ago at about 16 mos. of age. She absolutely LOVES it. She still can't unfasten the buckles (though she tries with great concentration but she has figured out how to fasten a couple of them. This toy is a winner...but... Just today my son (her father) brought "BuckleBik" (GD's name for it) to me to repair--its head was half severed from its body. I don't know exactly how this happened (I will do some investigation; maybe her big brother got a hold of it...LOL!). While I was stitching it up I could see that there was very little seam allowance where it fell apart so it could have been poorly put together in the first place. Just thought I'd give an honest report. BuckleBik is all stitched up and ready to go back to a happy little girl.

Read Best Reviews of BuckleyBoo BuckelyCat 18" Blue Here

I bought this toy because I have several grandchildren around age two. They all seem fascinated with buckles such as those found on their highchairs and car seats, etc. I haven't given it to any of them yet, but I expect that they will all love it. It is well made. The buckles seem to open and close with just enough difficulty. I plan to buy two or three more for Christmas. I wanted to take a look at it first.

Want BuckleyBoo BuckelyCat 18" Blue Discount?

Firstas an Occupational TherapistI could not resist getting this toy for my kids. I love how it fosters independence, fine motor skills and looks so loveable. I think this would be a great addition to any preschool or kindergarten classroom, as long as the adults are willing to work with the kids to learn to do the buckles.

As a momI got the toy for my 2 1/2 year old and my 4 year old to play with in the car. I unbuckle all the buckles and then hand it to the backseat for the 2 year old to rebuckle. My 4 year old sometimes also chooses to buckle it up, and he can unbuckle some of the buckles, but not all of them. I think he could learn to unbuckle them, but gets frustrated easily and I don't want to argue with him to keep trying during a 6 hour car trip. It has mostly been a car toy, and not loved enough to be drug into the house between trips. However, we make a lot of car trips, and having a toy that entertains the kids that doesn't beep, honk or annoy me is nice and I would buy it again.

Save 4% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment