Monday, July 15, 2013

Chewbeads "Cornelia" Bracelet

Chewbeads Cornelia Bracelet - IvoryIt's a cute bracelet, definitely eye-catching, too; mine's in Punchy Pink, which is a BRIGHT, almost fluorescent pink, not pastel as it looks in the photo here, but I like it anyway. My daughter is 11 months old, and grabbed at it right away. She's chewed on it a bit (with supervision), but prefers to hold it and stretch it out (on her foot, especially XD).

EDIT: my daughter's now a toddler, and she still likes it, but more for "dress-up" play than for chewing. It is still in great shape, and I still love it myself.

EDIT, TOO: Apparently now there is a newer version some sellers are shipping, with a ribbon instead of elastic (see it at their website, http://store.chewbeads.com/category_s/37.htm ). My review refers to the elastic version.

Thoughts:

-Sizing: My wrist is small (I usually wear watches on the smallestto second-smallest hole, for example), and the bracelet fits comfortably, without stretching, though I do have to stretch it over my hand to get it on. If you have a larger-diameter wrist, it may stretch while worn, showing gaps between the "beads" (which is purely a personal preference; it wouldn't bother me).

-Lint: I hand-washed it before wearing and before letting my daughter play with it. It says it can be washed in a dishwasher, but as we don't have one, I can't say how it would machine-wash for certain. I do notice that it picks up a bit of lint when worn --not a huge amount, but just something I'd noticed. Not enough to make it look "dirty", though you'll probably want to rinse it off fairly often, anyway, if your baby is putting it in his or her mouth!

-Construction: The beads are a nice size, a little smaller than a dime, and fully round--definitely larger than those stretchy bead-bracelets from about a decade ago (which I also liked). People WILL notice you wearing this, especially in a bright color. The beads are pleasingly soft and slightly squishy, and my daughter likes to touch and bite them. However, the bracelet is held together by a piece of elastic cord, so as the manufacturer says, it's best to only give this to your baby when you are right there to supervise. I wouldn't want her to break it and have loose beads in her mouth!

NOTE: It does NOT have a breakaway clasp; I think that's just for the necklaces, which I have not tried. The elastic band looks to be seamless, though the knot is actually hidden in one of the beads.

Overall, I'm very happy with it; it's cute, comfortable, and eye-catching. I like wearing it when we're apart because it reminds me of her. For quick distractions when changing a diaper or when in line at the store and so on, this bracelet is great, and does just what the manufacturer says; however, it's not (in my opinion) a toy per se, and isn't for long-term, unsupervised play.

My little guys loves chewing on "my" things so this is a great distraction when we're out. Definitely not a toy as other reviews stated, but I only give it to him when I'm supervising. It's a rubbery material and completely matte not shiny like the photo.

Buy Chewbeads "Cornelia" Bracelet Now

My 5 month old prefers chomping on this bracelet whenever we go somewhere over anything else. And the color is great!

Read Best Reviews of Chewbeads "Cornelia" Bracelet Here

My baby loves the chew beads. It has no bpa and he loves to chew on them whem he is teething. It is easy for him to grasp and easy to carry when my hands are full. I liked it so much I bought one for my niece.

Want Chewbeads "Cornelia" Bracelet Discount?

My little girl loves this! It kept her busy and happy on a plane ride. It looks cute and is a great way to take something to keep your little one entertained when you don't want to drag a bunch of things with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment