Friday, November 29, 2013

Haba Tiny Town Stacking Game

Haba Tiny Town Stacking GameI bought this toy for my daughter while on a work trip to Germany almost exactly 2 years ago (so I had the joy of not really knowing what I was paying thought in hindsight it truly is worth the money). She was about 14 months at the time so I put away a few of the smaller pieces and let her play with the other larger pieces/shapes. She is now 3 and has continued to play with this toy in various ways as she has grown. Now she seems to really understand how to fit the shapes against each other in different ways. Note that it helps to hang onto the box because 1) the box shows a few different ways to fit the pieces together and 2) it helps me keep track of which pieces are missing (as a few inevitably end up separated into other toy bins). The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that the middle of the 3 sticks pulled out very soon after buying it (and I had to glue it back in). It still pops out occasionally but doesn't seem do diminish my daughter's continued enjoyment.

We got this when our boy was around 14 months, or so, and it has been great watching him go from doing nothing with this, to learning how to dump all the pieces on the ground, to slowly but surely learning how to put each piece back on the frame!

These are ultra high-quality wooden pieces, smooth to touch, with paint that does not flake or chip. The colors are bright, and the variety of shapes holds the child's interest.

There are several different ways to put the pieces on the frame, and several different designs you can make.

My son and I have had lots of fun with this, and he often points at the box on the shelf, asking me to take it down for him. Yes, the price is high, but you do get quality for the price, and at least for us, or son has really enjoyed this toy!

Buy Haba Tiny Town Stacking Game Now

No comments:

Post a Comment