Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Natural Wood Hedgehog Baby Rattle - Non-toxic and Safe for Baby

Natural Wood Hedgehog Baby Rattle - Non-toxic and Safe for BabyI purchased this because it was on a list of top or best toys for baby and I liked the idea of it being natural wood. I was disappointed. As another reviewer mentioned this rattle is too big for baby to get in her mouth. I understand that it's not a teether but a rattle yet we all know that babies put everything in their mouth. It frustrated my daughter that she couldn't get it in her mouth, so eventually she just ended up ignoring it. She never showed any interest in it as a rattle and the sound it makes isn't anything unusual or exciting. Nor is it colorful or eye-catching. It remains one of those toys at the bottom of the pile that are untouched. Maybe if it was designed a little thinner to fit the mouth it would be better. Despite the natural wood, I have to give this a thumbs down.

Fast forward 2 months, after my original review of this rattle. I pick up the rattle and discover with horror that my daughter has chewed on it and there are big splinters sticking out all over it. I do not exaggerate. I took pictures of it right then and there to send to the company and complain but like so many other tasks on a new mother's to-do list it never rose to that priority section of the list where things actually get completed. So I return to my original review to warn people. Please do not buy this rattle. It is dangerous and it is scary to think what would have happened the next time she chewed on this rattle and got a sharp splinter stuck in her mouth.

Note that in my new-edited review I was unable to change the original stars assigned to it. That is why durability has 5 stars. If I could change it-all categories would have 1 star.

This is a RATTLE not a Teether..so with regards to the other reviewer who had a problem with it not fitting into the babies mouth; it's not supposed to fit in the babies mouth. It's a wonderful rattle that my baby loves to play with and shake to hear the noise. It's natural wood and non-toxic, which is fabulous, as so many toys theses days are toxic and harmful!! I highly recommend this rattle!!

Buy Natural Wood Hedgehog Baby Rattle - Non-toxic and Safe for Baby Now

This thing doesn't even rattle. The disks stick together and to the dowel in the middle, so they barely move when the toy is shaken. It also arrived with a weird smell (smelled like varnish although I assume that's not what it was since it's supposed to be all natural). It's not very smooth wood (there are little splinters sticking out). I also agree that the thickness is a problem since it makes it hard to grasp in a small hand.

Read Best Reviews of Natural Wood Hedgehog Baby Rattle - Non-toxic and Safe for Baby Here

Too thick to be comfortable for baby's hold, too rough to be pleasant for mouthing. Besides, the finish (or whatever it is) seems to either be applied in a very sloppy way or peeling off. Overall, not a good toy at all.

Want Natural Wood Hedgehog Baby Rattle - Non-toxic and Safe for Baby Discount?

No comments:

Post a Comment