Saturday, November 30, 2013

Tonka Chuck & Friends Talkin' Handy The Tow Truck

Tonka Chuck & Friends Talkin' Handy The Tow TruckThis item was 3 times the price it should have been, it was ridiculously overpriced, I bought it thinking it was the much larger version. This one can be bought locally for $10

This is a great toy for babies. However, it's kind of boring and small so my lil one loses interest fast. I would probably recommend this for babies under 18 months. That being said it is very durable and has bright colors that are good for teaching colors. This is my go to toy for car rides because its quiet and won't break anything!! It is also a good toy for sand box and dirt because it can be hosed down.

Buy Tonka Chuck & Friends Talkin' Handy The Tow Truck Now

I bought this for 3 one year olds for their birthdays and they love it!!! It is very durable and the size is perfect. They love that it talks also!!

Read Best Reviews of Tonka Chuck & Friends Talkin' Handy The Tow Truck Here

I bought this truck for my one year old grandson; he likes big trucks that make a lot of noise. It seemed like a perfect match, but when I opened the package the truck was only about 1/3 of the size that I thought it would be. If there was a size indicator on the web page, I did not see it. Such a small truck should also be less than $20.00 in my opinion.

But he will still like it and play with it...

Want Tonka Chuck & Friends Talkin' Handy The Tow Truck Discount?

This review is for the Tonka Chuck and Friends 5 inch Handy the tow truck w/lights and sound.

Here's the quick and dirty:

How fun is the toy? 4/5 It's a fun toy. The boy plays with it but he's just now adding trucks to his toy collection. Hard to judge but read my story below.

Educational Value = 3/5 I can't rank the educational value of this toy so I'm sitting on the fence, giving it a 3/5. Perhaps it will help with motor skills development and imagination but I'm not calling this an educational toy. That ranking category needs to be optional so potential buyers aren't mislead by falsely low scores. It should have a N/A option.

Durability = 5/5 This is a great soft truck for a little boy to play with. The wheels move freely, it rolls nice on the hard woof floors, the lights are clear and the voice over is easy to understand.

Overall = 5/5 I have to rank it this high to offset the educational score and equalize the rank. I'd probably give it a 4/5 and perhaps down the road it may become his favorite.

The toy was purchased for my 19 month old son for Christmas. He also has the larger Chuck and Rowdy. We accidentally purchased 2 of these between the wife and I so 1 went to our friends son. We didn't wrap this truck because we weren't sure we'd give it to the boy. As with all kids, he found the box, pushed down on the lights and Handy started talking and flashing the tow lights. Our son was hooked. It's a nice toy for a little guy who's just starting to get into trucks. It talks and moves around easily and flashes it's lights. In the end, it's a good toy.

I sure do wish there was a large version of the same toy but we've been hard pressed to find it.

Go ahead and buy it. It will be played with long beyond the age of a 19 month old. Who knows, if Tonka makes a full size version perhaps this little one and the big one could be a father son combo. Ohh the potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment