Friday, December 27, 2013

Fisher-Price Go Baby Go! Bop & Rock Musical Lion

Fisher-Price Go Baby Go! Bop & Rock Musical LionLet me start by saying that my 8-month-old loves this toy, but as the other reviewer stated, it continually falls over at the slightest touch. Considering that the toy comes with a plastic hammer with which to strike three balls and the rattles the lion holds, it makes for frustrating play (particularly for the adult that must constantly hold the toy to prevent it from toppling over). It seems like the toy was never tested with an actual infant because I discovered the fault within the first few minutes of play. It's disappointing that the "experts" at Fisher-Price would allow this toy to be marketed considering that it does NOT work as intended in the slightest. If my daughter didn't enjoy it so much, it certainly would be returned or in the trash. But as it stands, I'm doomed to balance the toy with one hand, while trying to play with her and help her replace the plastic balls with the other. I would not recommend this toy at all until Fisher-Price sees fit to either make the base heavier or wider to help off-set the imbalance.

I got this toy for my 6 month old b/c my mother-in-law has an old toy that also involves hammering balls through holes. My daughter really loves that toy, so when I saw this I figured it was close enough in concept to hold her attention. So far she really enjoys bashing stuff with the hammer and poking the balls through the holes. She can only just pick up the balls, so it's helping her with dexterity. She's too young to put the balls in the holes on her own, so we play with this together. The fact that it's top-heavy, like others have said, doesn't bother me b/c I can hold it up for her since I'm with her anyway. Down the road, if she still likes the toy, I'll prop it up with a book. At this age, my daughter still wants to grab things and put them in her mouth. In her case, the fact that this toy is so light is a good thing she can pick it up herself, and if it falls on her it's not going to hurt her.

My complaint is that after you push the balls in a couple of times, a long song kicks off. As such, subsequent ball drops don't really elicit a cause-and-effect response. So, I have to clap and cheer for her instead. This is fine except she really likes lights and sounds

Buy Fisher-Price Go Baby Go! Bop & Rock Musical Lion Now

My mother bought this for my son. As others have mentioned, it's not balanced right. The toy tips over way too easily.

That being said, my 8 month old is fascinated by the music, sounds and pushing the balls through the holes (kind of like whack-a-mole). He uses his hands, not the "hammer." The one thing that my wife and I enjoy, is it calms him down when he's upset. So that alone is worthwhile.

If Fisher Price balanced this better, I'd give it 4 or 5 stars. Otherwise, you can pass on this one.

Update... my son is now 9 months and has learned to put the balls in the right places and push them through the appropriate holes. He loves the toy, but my comments about the tipping still hold true. If Fisher Price balanced it better, this would be a super toy.

Read Best Reviews of Fisher-Price Go Baby Go! Bop & Rock Musical Lion Here

I bought this for my son to help him learn how to bang toys (he is developmentally delayed). He likes it but it is very top heavy and falls over backwards very easily. Kind of disappointed.

Want Fisher-Price Go Baby Go! Bop & Rock Musical Lion Discount?

This toy didn't play music or move properly from the moment I bought it, despite changing the batteries. Even if it had worked properly, it falls over with the slightest touch. It's frustrating to have to keep picking it up for my baby to play with it. I thought about exchanging it for a new one to fix the light/music problem, but I think I'll just return it all together and get something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment