Sunday, December 8, 2013

Fisher-Price Moo Sounds Milk & Cookies

Fisher-Price Moo Sounds Milk & CookiesMy son just turned 9 months old but received this as a gift when he was about 7 months old. He loves to sort things and put them in and out of containers, so this was perfect. The jar is half filled with fake "milk," so he does not have to reach all the way to the bottom of the container to get the cookies. His little hands can easily pull them in and out. The cookies are small enough for him to pick up on his own (it comes with 5 colorful cookies), and he likes to reach into the plastic "jar" to pull them out. They are also soft enough that he can put them in his mouth without hurting himself. Each cookie has a texture to it, too, and he likes touching them with his fingers (I sometimes give him the cookies to play with while I am changing his diaper so it keeps him occupied). The container makes a "moo" sound when you turn it upside down, and my little guy enjoys turning it over and over again to hear it (which usually captures the attention of our dog, too). There is a thin blue lid that can be pulled on and off, but my son had difficulty doing this himself at this age, so we wound up just keeping the top off of it. Maybe the only negative is that we wound up losing one of the cookies, since he likes to carry them around sometimes. But that is certainly not the fault of Fisher Price!

Overall, great toy for 6-9 months. I assume he'll get bored with it as he gets older, since there is not much excitement to it, but for now, it suits him just fine! Another great toy for babies who like to sort and pick up pieces is the Fisher Price counting piggy bank. Both of these toys get a lot of use in our house (and must be cleaned often! Ha!). They are also both really cute and colorful, with durable designs. I gave this one 4 stars instead of 5 simply because there's not much to it and I don't think there is much educational value in it, but it's fun for him and he likes it.

My main feedback on this item is that it could be so much much better!

One of the reasons I got this particular toy is that I thought it would provide my infant with an actual sound of "moo" that we've been telling her (reading all the farm animal books). In reality, this toy makes sounds like a sick goat (i.e., nothing like a cow!)...

The other reason I got this toy was that I thought it would make a sound when you put the little "cookie" inside, but in reality it makes a sound when you turn it upside down. Not sure what this is supposed to teach a baby, but this toy ended up being the complete opposite of "fun."

What would have been a good toy in my opinion is if it made a _correct_ sound when you _deposited_ the little cookie. Oh, and almost forgot, the little sticker that attached to the base is more trouble than it's worth. It makes it more appealing but we had to remove it on the first night that we received the toy...

Buy Fisher-Price Moo Sounds Milk & Cookies Now

I was buying the similar Fisher-Price Piggy Bank for my mother (she works with developmentally delayed children in a school setting) when I threw this product in, just in case someone walks off with the piggy bank. My mom really likes this, and might even use it instead of the pig it is a great size (a little smaller than the pig, and less rotund so it's easier to store when space is tight), and looks really sturdy. Only one problem: I was told that when it is tipped upside down it doesn't sound so much like a cow mooing as a lamb being slaughtered. I didn't hear the noise personally, but I did hear my mom and sister laughing at it from a floor away. This is absolutely fine for us my mom doesn't like the noises anyway, and usually turns them off when working with kids particularly since she gets a kick out of it, but I can see that being a problem for someone else...

Read Best Reviews of Fisher-Price Moo Sounds Milk & Cookies Here

This is a fun and simple toy for very young children learning to put objects into containers. Good for children about 9 mos of age.

Want Fisher-Price Moo Sounds Milk & Cookies Discount?

Happy with the toy but I thought that the Moo sound was going to be a little bite louder. My nephew loves animal. I bought the toy for him b

No comments:

Post a Comment