Sunday, December 8, 2013

Fisher-Price: Elmo's Musical Sing and Teach Gym

Fisher-Price: Elmo's Musical Sing and Teach GymAfter trying the Little Tikes 5 in 1 gym and being very disappointed, I decided to try this new gym by Fisher Price. My almost 4 month old daughter really likes it! The "soothing" mode is great because it will play music and sounds for about 10 minutes. My daughter smiles at Elmo and the lights. I'm not sure why these types of toys don't come with volume control, but this one doesn't seem to be too loud for a small baby.

I gave it 4 stars because the hanging toys could be much improved. They don't rattle when baby bats at them, and it's not easy for baby to activate the music and sounds by playing with them. They really need to pulled/pushed a certain way to get them to work. (I also wish it had a foot pad for my daughter to kick to get the music going, but I knew when I bought it that it didn't have this feature so that's not a reason for the 4 star rating.) Overall construction quality seems good (we've only had it for 2 days, though!).

I also like the fact that it has lots of buttons to push for when baby gets older and can sit in front of the gym and play. All in all, I'm happy with this gym and would recommend it to others!

My five-month-old has been enjoying this toy for two months now. It's lots of fun. She can reach the toys easily and it makes her smile, laugh and kick. The only drawback is that it is LOUD, so loud that the music almost sounds distorted. It would be perfect if it just had a volume control.

Buy Fisher-Price: Elmo's Musical Sing and Teach Gym Now

It's a shame to see such negative reviews for this item because my son loves it. I got it for him when he was 4 mos old and the lay down mode worked perfectly for him. Now at 5 1/2 months old he is sitting up and he loves it even more. He stays entertained with this toy than any other one that I have. I'm sure you all realize when you use the sit up mode, you need to take the hanging parts off that you would use if using the lying down mode. We made that mistake, keeping them on and then the seating up mode did not work, but once you take the hanging pieced off, they work fine. We really enjoy this toy.

Read Best Reviews of Fisher-Price: Elmo's Musical Sing and Teach Gym Here

My 8 month old son absolutely adores this toy, but he turned over to crawl away with the arch down and it caught his foot between it and the little bit of a base that it has. His foot had to be pushed to the side and then removed. His similar Aquarium of Wonders toy has s large enough space to prevent this. He also pulls up to stand and as this toy has no platform it has started to topple over under his 18 pounds (his Aquarium. . .has a platform and we have had no problems and we have caught him and the toy and prevented an actual fall). We have taken the toy from him and we are going to try to take it back to Toys R Us.

Want Fisher-Price: Elmo's Musical Sing and Teach Gym Discount?

This is a battery eater. Doesn't take long and you go through another set of batteries. Other than that, it is a cute toy. I'm not sure if given the chance if I would do the purchase all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment