Thursday, December 5, 2013

Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Soothe and Glow Seahorse

Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Soothe and Glow Seahorse, BlueMy husband wanted to get our baby a Gloworm. His desire was based on what he remembered of them from many years ago. The current Gloworms are not nearly as nice as they used to be they play loud music and aren't nearly as cute.

When I found the Soothe and Glow Seahorse I was so happy! Firstly, it's cute, much cuter than the Gloworm models. Secondly, the music and sounds are also much much better the music is quality and the volume can be adjusted. The sea sounds are a nice touch as well.

Unlike the Gloworm, the Soothe and Glow Seahorse actually does help baby wind down with it's gentle music and ocean sounds. I would recommend this toy any day.

I purchased this seahorse around January 2008. I almost returned it because, although it's nice that the music plays for around 5 minutes (we timed 6 1/2 minutes), I didn't want to keep it if there wasn't a way to easily turn off the music without it playing all the way through. There is no mention anywhere on the box or in the manual that you can turn off the music other than by going inside the velcro and turning off the on/off switch (and who would want to do that and wake up the sleeping baby with the loud velcro?) Then, by accident, we found that if you press and hold the seahorse's chest for several seconds the music will gently fade and turn off. I called Fisher-Price and let them know so hopefully they'll add this information to the box and manual soon. It's a bit "head heavy" which makes it a little hard to handle. It's not machine washable like the original Gloworm, only "surface washable". Great product overall. It's so darn cute.

Buy Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Soothe and Glow Seahorse Now

We first bought a gloworm. Piece of junk if you ask me. The Soothe & Glow Seahorse is FANTASTIC! It plays music for 5 minutes as well as soothing ocean sounds like waves & bubbles. My kids love it! It was purchased for my now 4 month old (we bought him the gloworm originally that hardly played a song despite following all the directions)but my 20 month old is constantly stealing it to soothe him to sleep as well. This makes putting my kids to bed a piece of cake I never have to struggle to get my 20 month old in bed he just jumps right in as long as I have glowie the seahorse!

Read Best Reviews of Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Soothe and Glow Seahorse Here

I fully credit this seahorse with getting my baby to soothe herself to sleep. I began turning it on each night during her bedtime feeding (she would always fall asleep when nursing). After doing this for a couple of weeks, I was able to put my baby in her crib while she was still awake -as long as the seahorse was with her! There are a few reasons why this is such a great item for sleep association:

1. The light provides a gentle glow instead of a harsh glare.

2. There are two volume levels to choose from.

3. The music is VERY soothing.

4. After it plays for about six minutes, the light and the music SLOWLY fades away so there is no sudden silence to jar your baby.

My only complaint is that it doesn't play for a longer period of time. If it would play for 20 minutes or so, I think this product would be absolutely perfect. Nonetheless, I still believe this is a must-have item.

Want Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Soothe and Glow Seahorse Discount?

I bought the blue seahorse when my daughter was about 5 months old. It was her nap and sleeping toy/stuffed animal that only lives in her crib,so she learned to know this toy with sleep only. This also makes it great for trips. Once she see's it she feels more comfortable. She has grown very attached to this toy.

The seahorse has volume control which is great bc babies cuddle up to it and the music can be soft and not hurt their ears. As my daughter grew,she learned how to turn it on and off,great for cause/effect. I also taught my daughter about the seahorses eyes,nose,tail, color etc. Every morning she hands it to me,gives it a kiss and shows me that she can turn it on,so cute. She is now 17 months old and still loves it!

I also bought another one in pink for her grandparents to leave over their house for sleepovers. Love it!! Almost better than the oldie glow worm! lol

Save 12% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment