Friday, December 6, 2013

Philippa Doll

Philippa DollMy older daughter received HABA Doll Clara for Christmas and my younger daughter (4 months) loved playing with Clara's hair. So I decided to get a different doll for my baby girl. We received Philippa (or Pippa) and after a couple days decided that she wasn't for us. Here is why:

Philippa is close to 15 inches long (with the hair). She is heavier than Clara and I did not think she would be easy for my younger to eventually carry around (or should I say me, in the diaper bag). Also, I thought that her face did not look quite as cute in person as it does in the picture. Clara's face is spot on. Philippa's headband, elastic, overalls, and shoes are removable and I think she would go through the wash just fine (although I would probably use a mesh bag). All of her facial features are embroidered, so no worries about paint peeling off. Her eyes are a darker blue.

The craftsmanship of this doll is fantastic and for the price, I think it's a great buy. Especially in comparison to other Waldorf style dolls that go for much more. If she was the only one offered from HABA, I would have kept her without thinking twice. We decided to go with "Elise" instead, based on the size (12") and her adorable face.

This doll (and all others we looked at in this line) are made in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment