Sunday, December 29, 2013

Tub Time Bubble Maker - Baby Bath Collection

Tub Time Bubble Maker - Baby Bath CollectionI got this for my 1 year old and she loves it! The only problem is the suction cup doesn't support the weight of the machine.

My son loves to play with bubbles in the tub and I thought this would be nice for him. The day it came in I loaded the four batteries (a lot, to me, but I knew that ahead of time), filled it with bubbles (about half of the included container!) and stuck it to the tub...where it promptly fell off into my hands. Everywhere I tried, it would not stick. Usual suction cup deal, they do not stick well. My tile is not new but it is scrubbed and clean. OK, I set it at the edge of the tub. My son is not a baby, so I know it isn't going anywhere, but the unit is not submersible in water. I understand why it is not submersible, but you have a toy meant for small children to use in the bath tub that has one single poorly made suction cup and somehow you need to keep it out of the water. I turned it on for him and it worked well, a lot of bubbles come out at a time, more that I thought should come out for use in a tub, but he was thrilled. After a while I had to keep pushing the bubbles off of the machine because, instead of flying around, they just sort of stuck to the machine and ended up as a big cluster of bubbles.

This toy is just OK. It does what it says, to an extent, and while the bubbles are flying, my son is thrilled. I don't see this being a keeper in the long run, though. Not worth the aggravation. We've had outdoors bubble blowers that work so well, blow so many more bubbles, and were about the same price. Since this will probably not work after a trip or two into the tub water, I am not counting on it. While it lasts, however, we will continue to use it. With our own bubbles. These don't go far and I am certainly not special ordering bath bubbles.

Buy Tub Time Bubble Maker - Baby Bath Collection Now

No comments:

Post a Comment