Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Fisher-Price Growing Baby Animal Activity Puzzle

Fisher-Price Growing Baby Animal Activity PuzzleMy daughter is now 9 months, and loves to try to put things together. She was really interested in one of my puzzles, so I wanted to get her a very simple puzzle to start her off. This was a great find! The pieces are easy to remove, and take little effort for her to put back (the rare times she is finished playing with the pieces). She also loves that she can pick up the whole board and dump it out for maximum mess making. Each piece has a different attribute (rattle, squeaker, goggly eye, fabric, giggle, and rotating mane), which individually interest her. They also all have been taste tested, and approved (especially the lion). An all around great find!

The only minor complaint is the animal pictures inside the base are stickers not printed on. I haven't had an issue, but some may not like that.

My son is 9.5 months old. My son loved a wood puzzle with a large round handle (or eating it, anyway) at a friend's house, so I wanted to buy him a puzzle of his own. I didn't know what make that particular puzzle was (I now know it was Imaginarium and have since purchased one).

Anyway, at the time I bought this Growing Baby Animal Fisher Price puzzle, I had researched wood puzzles and realized most of the wooden puzzles I could find were made by a CT manufacturer who had been found to have trace amounts of arsenic in their paint used on some of the wooden toys. I'm not sure how old the messages about the arsenic paint that I found online were or how accurate (it is a rather prominent company with toys in every store I go into-so they most likely are safe), but it worried me anyway. So, finding this plastic, Fisher Price puzzle pleased me a bunch! The price was great and it was clearly for little hands. Plus, knowing it came from Fisher Price made me feel good about the puzzle. And, it looked like fun. I bought it right away!

Our experience with this product so far: My son is only minimally interested in this puzzle right now. He takes it, dumps the pieces, maybe chews on a couple, stares at the Googly eye on the fish, and often takes a piece or two and bangs it on some furniture. Then he crawls away. However, he is still young for a puzzle. My son exhibits this same kind of attention span with almost every toy he owns-so I don't blame the puzzle. I really like that it is educational and safe. I am sure there'll be more serious puzzle play (so to speak) once he is closer to 1.

As for the wood puzzle I ended up buying which has 3 pieces: All my son does is take a piece and walk around with the round handle in his mouth like a pacifier. This confirms my theory that he's just too young for a puzzle of any sort. I must admit I feel much better about him putting the Fisher Price puzzle parts in his mouth than the wooden pieces, and since he bangs them on wood floors and furniture, the plastic pieces do no damage whereas the wood ones leave little marks when banged.

So, overall, I'd surely recommend this Fisher Price product as a first puzzle over other alternatives.

For the price, you can't go wrong! Get it.

Buy Fisher-Price Growing Baby Animal Activity Puzzle Now

This puzzle is great for ages 6 months and up... at first they will just use it as a toy. the animals are bright and fun to look at and chew. and there are a couple noises to hold interest, too. then they will learn to start putting them back into the puzzle probably around 12 months, give or take a couple months. we have a number of "first puzzles" but most are wood. I like that this is plastic so there is no worries about the baby trying to mouth the pieces. the only thing I would change is to make at least one of the animals out of softer (ie more rubbery or chewable) material. all of them are hard plastic. that doesn't stop the baby from chewing... but the rubbery type material is a litte more fun to chew.

Read Best Reviews of Fisher-Price Growing Baby Animal Activity Puzzle Here

This puzzle is cute and interesting for little ones because of the activities on the pieces. The lion's spinning mane is especially nice. I do wish the pictures under the pieces weren't stickers, but they seem to be holding up so far. I'm glad I got this.

Want Fisher-Price Growing Baby Animal Activity Puzzle Discount?

My daughter absolutely loves this. We wanted to find her a puzzle that is "chew friendly" as she chews on everything and didn't want to go with a wood or cardboard one as participial could eventually breakdown and she could swallow some of it... so needless to say this was perfect for her and all pieces have a different feature, such as rattle, squeak, move, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment